Clerkships: State v. Federal

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
joq888

Clerkships: State v. Federal

Postby joq888 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:53 pm

I'm applying for federal clerkships in SF (where I go to school), LA, DC, and NY. I have extern experience at NY state Supreme (trial level, there) and 9th circuit district court. I basically want to keep my geographic options open for the long-run and i'm wondering how much a state clerkship will limit my prospects if I decide to go somewhere else. Specifically, the judge I externed for in NY introduced me to an appellate level judge that he's very good friends with. he's been a wonderful reference for me, and i think i have a shot. but will i be "stuck" in ny? will chances of getting hired after that in CA be diminished? thanks

sharklasers

Re: Clerkships: State v. Federal

Postby sharklasers » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:46 pm

if you go to law school in San Francisco, your chances at either are pretty shit

Total Litigator

Postby Total Litigator » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:56 pm

I'm also curious...

joq888

Postby joq888 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:01 pm

Uhh cool.... Thanks a bunch!

JusticeJackson

Postby JusticeJackson » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:07 pm

Return to “Legal Employment”