Probably Transferring - Bid on OCI at old school? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Probably Transferring - Bid on OCI at old school?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:00 pm

I am probably transferring T2 --> T14. While I'm about 90% sure I'm transferring, I still have some plans to talk with some people at the new school & old school before I make a final decision. The deadline for OCI at my old school is tomorrow. Old school is 100% preselect, new school is a lottery system.

I want to work in a secondary market where the T2 is located. I am thinking I'll apply at my old school to some of the firms I am interested in which come to OCI, just to be safe in case I stay. Do you think there is any disadvantage in doing this? Of course, if I transfer, I'll withdraw from the T2 OCI, but will any of the firms be annoyed or otherwise turned off to me if I apply via the T2 OCI, withdraw, and then bid on them from the T14?

Anonymous User

Re: Probably Transferring - Bid on OCI at old school?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:27 pm

Bump. Any thoughts?

5ky

Diamond

Re: Probably Transferring - Bid on OCI at old school?

Post by 5ky » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:58 pm

If you don't, you have to transfer. So I would bid and try to make up your mind fairly quickly, so you could withdraw in a good frame of time.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”