Transfer Employment Question

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
sundance1988

Transfer Employment Question

Postby sundance1988 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:04 pm

I know there is quite a bit of material on here regarding transferring and subsequent employment, but I can't seem to find my particular question. Does anyone have familiarity with transferring from a relatively good school to start (i.e., top 15ish) to a t6? Nearly all of the employers at the t6 would have been at the t15 OCI and my grades at the old school (top 10%) were above all of their cutoffs (bar Cravath). Anyone have any idea on how to bid at the new school? Basically the same as I would have before? Am I likely to be at a disadvantage merely because I transferred even though I likely had a relatively decent shot at securing the interview before the transfer?

Grazie

Anonymous User

Re: Transfer Employment Question

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:27 pm

Not at all. I was in a similar boat last year and it didn't hurt me. There are some firms (Cravath comes to mind) that are not kind to transfers, but there are also some (DPW, JD) that are very transfer friendly.

Best of luck

sundance1988

Re: Transfer Employment Question

Postby sundance1988 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Not at all. I was in a similar boat last year and it didn't hurt me. There are some firms (Cravath comes to mind) that are not kind to transfers, but there are also some (DPW, JD) that are very transfer friendly.

Best of luck

Great, thank you for your response.

Return to “Legal Employment”