Anyone know anything about Shartsis Friese?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Anyone know anything about Shartsis Friese?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:57 pm

I received a preselect interview there for the Bay Area Diversity Fair. Since I only received 2 interviews (Shartsis and Latham) I'm trying to decide whether it is worth the trip to SF. Any info/opinions about the firm would be appreciated. I know it is small and one-office, but that kind of appeals to me actually.

Anonymous User

Re: Anyone know anything about Shartsis Friese?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:00 pm

This is not related to your question, as I know nothing about Shartsis, but would you mind sharing your stats? And good luck with your interviews!

Aston2412

Postby Aston2412 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:01 pm

Is your Latham interview not contingent on a trip to San Francisco or the California area generally?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:This is not related to your question, as I know nothing about Shartsis, but would you mind sharing your stats? And good luck with your interviews!

I didn't have my full transcript at bidding, but I'm near the top of the class at CCN. I'm kinda bummed about only 2 interviews, TBH, but I was super busy during bidding and only used like 12 bids, so I guess i deserve it.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:04 pm

Aston2412 wrote:Is your Latham interview not contingent on a trip to San Francisco or the California area generally?

I'm not sure what you are asking here. I'm signed up for the fair so I guess they are expecting me, but I can cancel if it doesn't seem worthwhile to travel for 2 screening interviews right before OCI starts.

Aston2412

Postby Aston2412 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:07 pm

Assuming Latham was a pre-select, they want to see you in some capacity.

Are you confident enough in OCI that you can blow off Latham?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I received a preselect interview there for the Bay Area Diversity Fair. Since I only received 2 interviews (Shartsis and Latham) I'm trying to decide whether it is worth the trip to SF. Any info/opinions about the firm would be appreciated. I know it is small and one-office, but that kind of appeals to me actually.

Small firm, but great rep in the city. It wouldn't travel well as a name outside of the Bay Area, though, but I hear they give juniors a lot of responsibility. It's probably up there with MoFo and Fenwick in terms of better quality of life. If they aren't coming to your OCI, it's probably worth a trip out if you really like them.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:23 pm

Aston2412 wrote:Assuming Latham was a pre-select, they want to see you in some capacity.

Are you confident enough in OCI that you can blow off Latham?

Yeah, it was preselect.

I'm hoping OCI is going to go well for me since I somehow managed to be near the top of my class (I'm pretty astounded by this, all year I felt like all my classmates were way smarter than I am). While I'm not a total ninja at interviews but I'm not completely socially inept either. I don't know if it would be a big deal to cancel on the career fair, I don't think it would count against me if I decided to bid Latham at OCI (but I'm not sure about that).

bk1

Postby bk1 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:35 pm

I'm a 0L so that means ten pounds of ignorance, but even with your credentials why would you blow off interviews at places you would be willing to work in this economy?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I received a preselect interview there for the Bay Area Diversity Fair. Since I only received 2 interviews (Shartsis and Latham) I'm trying to decide whether it is worth the trip to SF. Any info/opinions about the firm would be appreciated. I know it is small and one-office, but that kind of appeals to me actually.

Small firm, but great rep in the city. It wouldn't travel well as a name outside of the Bay Area, though, but I hear they give juniors a lot of responsibility. It's probably up there with MoFo and Fenwick in terms of better quality of life. If they aren't coming to your OCI, it's probably worth a trip out if you really like them.

Thanks for the info! I think I'll start looking at flights.

Return to “Legal Employment”