article--low salaries for law grads

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

TommyK

Re: article--low salaries for law grads

Postby TommyK » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:37 am

nice use of the anon feature

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:40 am

"Turns out 99% of grads do not get jobs within nine months of graduation as many elite schools report each year."

Lol at the double meaning of this sentence. I first read it and was like "wait, 99% of kids can't get jerbz!?"

APimpNamedSlickback

Postby APimpNamedSlickback » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:40 am

Last edited by APimpNamedSlickback on Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

chem

Postby chem » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:41 am

--ImageRemoved--

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:49 am

The salaries weren't so low.

micwrecka45

Postby micwrecka45 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:50 pm

APimpNamedSlickback wrote:that article was written by the same dude that gave us all this gem: http://blogs.forbes.com/kurtbadenhausen ... ting-rich/

my brain now hurts from having read something so breathtakingly stupid. the author (and perhaps the op?) should be forced to take a remedial logic class before ever being allowed to speak again

seriously.

lol @ going to rutgers, santa clara, brigham as a ticket to being rich. dude is just feeding the law school deception machine.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:16 am

TommyK wrote:nice use of the anon feature

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=130748

Read it. Know it. Don't respond to it.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:05 pm

micwrecka45 wrote:
APimpNamedSlickback wrote:that article was written by the same dude that gave us all this gem: http://blogs.forbes.com/kurtbadenhausen ... ting-rich/

my brain now hurts from having read something so breathtakingly stupid. the author (and perhaps the op?) should be forced to take a remedial logic class before ever being allowed to speak again

seriously.

lol @ going to rutgers, santa clara, brigham as a ticket to being rich. dude is just feeding the law school deception machine.

What's to "lol" about going to Santa Clara? I'm making $160K as a first year and so are several of my friends... we beat out grads from other NorCal schools for having actual work experience and useful undergrad degrees. Not to mention with the part time program many of us were able to work while studying and had little-to-no debt.

micwrecka45

Postby micwrecka45 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
micwrecka45 wrote:

seriously.

What's to "lol" about going to Santa Clara? I'm making $160K as a first year and so are several of my friends... we beat out grads from other NorCal schools for having actual work experience and useful undergrad degrees. Not to mention with the part time program many of us were able to work while studying and had little-to-no debt.

congratulations. and i don't mean that in a snarky way. that's awesome that you and your friends have managed to land great jobs. but that simply isn't true for most of the grads at your school. that's why "lol" at it being a ticket to being rich, in other words, "lol" at implying that most sc grads have a good shot at repeating your success.

Return to “Legal Employment”