Bid List - How Many Reaches?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Bid List - How Many Reaches?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:43 pm

Top 25%, Law Review, placed in intraschool moot court competition first year, at a T1 (30-40 range). The school feeds mainly to in-state markets, none of which are 160K markets.

OCI here is 80% pre-select, 20% lottery. Because of my grades, I'm trying to be very conservative. I don't anticipate getting any more than 3-4 interviews out of OCI, I've only bid high on firms for which I'm at or above the class rank cutoff. There are one or two firms that I'm really interested in, but I'm out of range for (one is top 15, the other top 20). Can I afford to throw one reach into my high bids or should I not given that I probably can't count on any pre-selects given my relatively low class rank.?

TYIA

Anonymous User

Re: Bid List - How Many Reaches?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:24 am

Anybody?

Return to “Legal Employment”