Top of the class at T2, where should I mass mail?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Top of the class at T2, where should I mass mail?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:02 pm

Hey all, top 3% at 55-65 school, still waiting on a few transfer apps, but in the event that I am rejected everywhere, I would like to get going on mass mailing. Any tips on where I should be focusing my efforts? Big law completely out? Not dead set on any market, I just want to pay off my loans. Any help is much appreciated!

beach_terror

Re: Top of the class at T2, where should I mass mail?

Postby beach_terror » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hey all, top 3% at 55-65 school, still waiting on a few transfer apps, but in the event that I am rejected everywhere, I would like to get going on mass mailing. Any tips on where I should be focusing my efforts? Big law completely out? Not dead set on any market, I just want to pay off my loans. Any help is much appreciated!

Why would biglaw be out? Assuming you're school has an OCI with big firms, you should be a lock assuming you can interview worth a damn.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:39 pm

OP here, should add: the reason I am asking specifically about mass mailing is because my school's OCI is a joke. Not many big firms coming....at all. Scratch that, no big firms coming, a few mid sized, and by a few I mean 4-7. So, mass-mailing/informational interviews are my best bet I think. What is realistic?

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:40 pm

If there are any law firms you would like to work at, you should write them a letter mentioning that. At least, that's what I'd do. Maybe you're not into that kind of thing.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:48 pm

To be clear, I certainly intend on mass mailing, can anyone provide suggestions regarding the range of firms that I should realistically be targeting as opposed to those that I will likely be wasting my time with? Do T2 mass mail candidates get call backs at V100s?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:51 pm

Baylor.
Transfer.

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:To be clear, I certainly intend on mass mailing, can anyone provide suggestions regarding the range of firms that I should realistically be targeting as opposed to those that I will likely be wasting my time with? Do T2 mass mail candidates get call backs at V100s?

Send your materials to any firm you are interested in working at. Your odds are long at any specific firm, but not really zero anywhere. Spam!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:02 pm

Many thanks. Fingers crossed.

Return to “Legal Employment”