bottom quarter at uc davis...surprised and confused.needhelp

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
robert85

Re: bottom quarter at uc davis...surprised and confused.needhelp

Postby robert85 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:OP here...162 LSAT and high LSDAS GPA from good ugrad school

I read getting to maybe a few times and law school confidential and all the success posts from people on TLS.

I will have not a single penny of debt coming out and dont mind working unpaid for my 2L summer and possibly even for my first year out of law school. But after that, I definitely want a somewhat decent legal job (50-70kish). I wouldn't even mind personal injury stuff..i REALLY do not mind a rocky start to my legal career...but I really do hope I can get a job that could pay 100K+ about 8-10 years out of law school just to support a family.

My resume sucks...but I am working at a small(but reputable) firm this summer and at the DA office this fall...so that should look better than the blank resume I had when I applied for 1L jobs...no decent work experience at all before law school.

i really value my quality of life and hours over anything else...so big law stuf was out for me from the start.

P.S. i have a B.A in political science so what could I possibly do with that thats worthwhile if i drop out

has OP considered doc review?

AntiHuman

Postby AntiHuman » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:25 pm

isnt 162 in the 80th-90th percentile range? Hows that bad? Lol idiot

medical school seems much better right now haha

schooner

Postby schooner » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:14 pm

AntiHuman wrote:isnt 162 in the 80th-90th percentile range? Hows that bad? Lol idiot

Aren't you the OP? Anyway, the 25%-75% LSAT range for UC Davis is 162-167, according to the school's own profile. So 75% of the student body scored better than 162. Not cool to call someone else an idiot when your claim about a simple fact is so grossly wrong. But it did shed a little light on your GPA situation.

drdolittle

Postby drdolittle » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:25 pm

schooner wrote:
AntiHuman wrote:isnt 162 in the 80th-90th percentile range? Hows that bad? Lol idiot

Aren't you the OP? Anyway, the 25%-75% LSAT range for UC Davis is 162-167, according to the school's own profile. So 75% of the student body scored better than 162. Not cool to call someone else an idiot when your claim about a simple fact is so grossly wrong. But it did shed a little light on your GPA situation.

Those higher stats you quote are for applicants who got offers of admission ("offers"), not those who actually matriculated. Pretty crafty. Of course the entering class had lower numbers.

schooner

Postby schooner » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:32 pm

drdolittle wrote:
schooner wrote:

Those higher stats you quote are for applicants who got offers of admission ("offers"), not those who actually matriculated. Pretty crafty. Of course the entering class had lower numbers.

That is crafty, and I stand corrected. Still, not cool for a person with a 162 LSAT score & bottom quarter grades calling someone else an idiot.

yo!

Postby yo! » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:05 pm

I believe the correct numbers for the entering class are 160/163/165 or 66. I think the median GPA is a 3.7. So op's numbers are slightly below median for the entering class. Honestly though, do op's numbers really matter at this point? I know someone who scored in the low 170s that ended up below median, and I know of one person with a 4.0 (tied for #1 in the class) who scored a 157 on the LSAT. Numbers ain't shit.

acrossthelake

Postby acrossthelake » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:24 pm

While I'm often a proponent for the idea that as a generalization the LSAT does a decent job, and that it makes sense for admissions to use it the way they do because it'll end up making sense across the class, it is an inappropriate, and erroneous, to then apply it to an individual. The discussion of the OP's LSAT relative to the rest of his class is irrelevant and unproductive.

Return to “Legal Employment”