gov/t and PI employment before law school

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

gov/t and PI employment before law school

Postby Bunifa » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:56 am

I'm a prospective law student recently out of undergrad and I'm interested in getting experience working in a government position or at a public interest firm, preferably in DC. As for background I have solid grades from HYP and legal internship experience with a public interest firm.

I would really be open to any number of jobs and I'm trying to get the lay of the land right now. I know that there are paralegal jobs with the DOJ and I believe the legal aid society of DC has similar jobs. I'd also be interested in working at the DA's office, or on civil rights cases like employment discrimination. I guess I'm wondering if anyone has a good sense of what the market is like for these kinds of jobs and what the best route is to attaining these jobs. I would also consider a private practice job in a very small firm. would these be found through legal staffing agencies? Finally, I will be oversees. Will this be a major barrier to finding jobs if I have to do interviews over skype?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Return to “Legal Employment”