(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Postby notalawyer13 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:19 pm

I apologize in advance for my lack of knowledge on these subjects...I am in the medical field. My wife is a rising 2L at a top 20ish law school in the northeast. She is top 20%, is doing a journal but not law review, and has a good government job this summer. She is really worried that she is not going to be able to get a good private firm job for next summer because her grades. She really wants to be at a large firm, but also is looking at medium-sized ones. She is thinking employment law, but may be open to other possibilities. The kicker is, we are really hoping to move move back home to Chicago upon graduation, though it wouldn't be the end of the world if we needed to stay in our current market. This fall she is applying to both Chicago firms and firms from our current market.

I know this probably isn't enough information to give a precise evaluation, but any opinions would be really helpful. Is there a good chance she can find a solid job in Chicago? Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: opinions?

Postby ndirish2010 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:24 pm

I'm assuming she is at BU or BC. Since you said home is Chicago, and those grades are fairly competitive, resume-bomb every Chicago firm that takes a decent sized class. Good shot to get something in Boston (or if this is Fordham, NYC).

Return to “Legal Employment”