Law Firms Closed This Week?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Law Firms Closed This Week?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:09 pm

Emailed several boutiques and mid-sized NYC firms this week for information regarding their recruiting, etc. and have received no response. Anyone else encountering the same issues? Perhaps they are closed for the entire week for July 4?

kaiser

Re: Law Firms Closed This Week?

Postby kaiser » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Emailed several boutiques and mid-sized NYC firms this week for information regarding their recruiting, etc. and have received no response. Anyone else encountering the same issues? Perhaps they are closed for the entire week for July 4?

Doubt it. I think its just that you applied a bit too early for it to be on their radar yet. The earliest any firm recommended sending in apps to me was mid to late July, so I wouldn't expect to hear back from them immediately if you went for it this early.

stintez

Postby stintez » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:12 pm

My brother works at a small law firm 10-15 lawyers in NYC and they were open as of July 5th. Good luck.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Emailed several boutiques and mid-sized NYC firms this week for information regarding their recruiting, etc. and have received no response. Anyone else encountering the same issues? Perhaps they are closed for the entire week for July 4?

The recruiting office isn't at my firm. Closed for the 4th, yeah, but open now.

Shammis

Postby Shammis » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:16 pm

No firms close for a week. They do have jobs to do and you prob aren't their first priority (no offense). Sit tight, they'll get to you. Good luck :)

IrwinM.Fletcher

Postby IrwinM.Fletcher » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:21 pm

Get used to it. You're not going to hear back from almost all of the firms you email until they send out the auto-ding envelopes in September.

You have to follow up like a MFer if you want a response.

UCLAtransfer

Postby UCLAtransfer » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:26 pm

IrwinM.Fletcher wrote:Get used to it. You're not going to hear back from almost all of the firms you email until they send out the auto-ding envelopes in September.

So true.

And lol at a firm just closing for a week.

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:30 pm

UCLAtransfer wrote:
IrwinM.Fletcher wrote:Get used to it. You're not going to hear back from almost all of the firms you email until they send out the auto-ding envelopes in September.

So true.

Lol, and next it will be "Well, they sent me a rejection, so they must not be hiring"

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:40 pm

kaiser wrote:
UCLAtransfer wrote:

So true.

Lol, and next it will be "Well, they sent me a rejection, so they must not be hiring"

Well the person who does the recruiting may have taken the whole week off. These are small firms...30 lawyers and under with one individual doing the recruiting. It's not completely off-base that they might be on vacation. See how far those smartass comments get you in a screening interview.

UCLAtransfer

Postby UCLAtransfer » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Well the person who does the recruiting may have taken the whole week off. These are small firms...30 lawyers and under with one individual doing the recruiting. It's not completely off-base that they might be on vacation.

Sure the recruiter might have been out on vacation all week (could be true any week for that matter). But that is not what was asked in the OP (not sure if you are the same anon).

OP asked:

Anonymous User wrote:Perhaps they are closed for the entire week for July 4?

--

Anonymous User wrote:See how far those smartass comments get you in a screening interview.

Not actually intended to be a smartass comment, more like an answer to the question while highlighting a humorous aspect of it. But in any case, it has taken me quite far, thank you.

/JOBSECURE GRAD

Return to “Legal Employment”