scheduling an interview

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

scheduling an interview

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:46 pm

I got a call from a firm that wants to schedule a round of interviews, and i was looking for some advice when to schedule it. My understanding is that if i somehow managed an offer I would have 28 days to accept, so I am concerned about scheduling too early and having the potential offer expire during OCI.

edit: Mods, I'm not trying to abuse the anon. feature, but I just figured it's pretty early in the process and I could be easily outted

Anonymous User

Re: scheduling an interview

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:28 pm

Bump*

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:07 pm

I'm in a similar situation - gave myself about a week of callback time counting 28 days from from the worst case scenario (or best case...) of getting an offer on the spot at the early interview (problem for me is that this firm is on one coast and I was thinking now I'd perhaps like to be on the other coast). Essentially we're stuck between trying to assure the early interview employer we want the interview/job and giving ourselves time to think about other opportunities - try to pick a date that accomplishes both. If it then gets down to the wire and you still want to explore your options and are not sure you want to take the early offer, then there's your answer. I did interview with secondary market firms this past year for 1L SA, though, and they were very receptive to being pushed to a (positive, luckily) decision quickly when they found out I already had an offer with a timeline from another employer.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm in a similar situation - gave myself about a week of callback time counting 28 days from from the worst case scenario (or best case...) of getting an offer on the spot at the early interview (problem for me is that this firm is on one coast and I was thinking now I'd perhaps like to be on the other coast). Essentially we're stuck between trying to assure the early interview employer we want the interview/job and giving ourselves time to think about other opportunities - try to pick a date that accomplishes both. If it then gets down to the wire and you still want to explore your options and are not sure you want to take the early offer, then there's your answer. I did interview with secondary market firms this past year for 1L SA, though, and they were very receptive to being pushed to a (positive, luckily) decision quickly when they found out I already had an offer with a timeline from another employer.

Thanks for the insight, yeah I think you've pretty much hit it on the head with trying to make sure you make the appointment so you can get some other cb's in.

Return to “Legal Employment”