What Happens if You Get a 3L Offer? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Aston2412

Bronze

What Happens if You Get a 3L Offer?

Post by Aston2412 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:24 pm

Say you get one of the mythical 3L OCI interviews. Let's go even further and say you get a callback.

Now let's assume you aced the callback.

What happens next? I'm assuming you don't summer with the firm during your post-3L summer, you know, when you're supposed to be studying for the Bar.

Are you basically just extended an offer pursuant to passing the Bar?

thesealocust

Platinum

Re: What Happens if You Get a 3L Offer?

Post by thesealocust » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:49 pm

Aston2412 wrote:Say you get one of the mythical 3L OCI interviews. Let's go even further and say you get a callback.

What happens next? I'm assuming you don't summer with the firm during your post-3L summer, you know, when you're supposed to be studying for the Bar.

You'll get a full time job offer, and you will absolutely start before bar results are in, at least in the traditional big law model.

Aston2412

Bronze

Post by Aston2412 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:20 pm

To clarify I meant you won't actually start until after you take the bar. I know people typically start prior to the results being in...well, in the event they haven't been deferred at least.

Appreciate the answer though!

XxSpyKEx

Gold

Post by XxSpyKEx » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:42 am

Aston2412 wrote:Say you get one of the mythical 3L OCI interviews. Let's go even further and say you get a callback.

Some firms you summer post-3L while studying for the bar, others you don't. It depends on the firm, but I think most firms don't require you work post 3L summer while studying for the bar.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”