SFIPLA Job Fair 2011

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SFIPLA Job Fair 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So do you guys all see interviews?

My page hasn't changed!.. does that mean I don't get any interviews? Or just hasn't been posted yet...


i have interviews.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SFIPLA Job Fair 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:29 pm

So, how did everyone feel?

Still wondering about Orrick's no show... What does that mean? Double dip?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SFIPLA Job Fair 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:05 am

in general... this fair did not have a very good feel to it.
at all.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SFIPLA Job Fair 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:58 am

Anonymous User wrote:in general... this fair did not have a very good feel to it.
at all.



the atmosphere felt kind of weird. both interviewers and interviewees...

is IP too saturated or even dying?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SFIPLA Job Fair 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:19 am

Anyone interview with KMOB? Was really excited going into the interview, but I could not read how the interview went at all. I had a hard time following what he was asking and was not really sure how to answer some of his questions.

Edited for both anonymity and clarity.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SFIPLA Job Fair 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:28 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:in general... this fair did not have a very good feel to it.
at all.



the atmosphere felt kind of weird. both interviewers and interviewees...

is IP too saturated or even dying?


lol i don't know how you can extrapolate the state of an entire legal practice area from the atmosphere at a small job fair.

the job fair was pretty ghetto. but PLIP certainly had a lot of energy and activity.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SFIPLA Job Fair 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:32 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone interview with KMOB? Was really excited going into the interview, but I could not read how the interview went at all. I had a hard time following what he was asking and was not really sure how to answer some of his questions.

Edited for both anonymity and clarity.


let me just say i understand exactly what you mean.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SFIPLA Job Fair 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:34 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:in general... this fair did not have a very good feel to it.
at all.



the atmosphere felt kind of weird. both interviewers and interviewees...

is IP too saturated or even dying?


my understanding about the IP market is actually quite the opposite.
my feeling about the fair is quite the same.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SFIPLA Job Fair 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:36 am

Anonymous User wrote:
the job fair was pretty ghetto. but PLIP certainly had a lot of energy and activity.


well considering that Hastings is in the tenderloin... yeah, the ghetto feel makes sense.
But there was definitely a lack of energy from both sides of the table at that fair. It just felt depressing.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SFIPLA Job Fair 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:39 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone interview with KMOB? Was really excited going into the interview, but I could not read how the interview went at all. I had a hard time following what he was asking and was not really sure how to answer some of his questions.

Edited for both anonymity and clarity.


let me just say i understand exactly what you mean.


LOL. I am really glad you felt the same way and it was not just me. I felt really bad coming out of the interview, but after thinking about it all day...I don't think there could have been anything else I could have done ahead of time to prepare for the questions he was asking.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SFIPLA Job Fair 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:53 am

Come to think about it, these dudes spent their entire Sunday talking to law students and obviously aren't able to bill any hours for it. I don't blame them for being less than enthusiastic.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SFIPLA Job Fair 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Come to think about it, these dudes spent their entire Sunday talking to law students and obviously aren't able to bill any hours for it. I don't blame them for being less than enthusiastic.


I do. If you are going to do something, do it properly. Otherwise don't do it.
Too harsh?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SFIPLA Job Fair 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Come to think about it, these dudes spent their entire Sunday talking to law students and obviously aren't able to bill any hours for it. I don't blame them for being less than enthusiastic.


I do. If you are going to do something, do it properly. Otherwise don't do it.
Too harsh?


Yeah, how many people working in biglaw actually do things of their own volition?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SFIPLA Job Fair 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Come to think about it, these dudes spent their entire Sunday talking to law students and obviously aren't able to bill any hours for it. I don't blame them for being less than enthusiastic.


I do. If you are going to do something, do it properly. Otherwise don't do it.
Too harsh?


Yeah, how many people working in biglaw actually do things of their own volition?


Respectfully, I would submit that it does not matter if you are recruiting of your own volition. I just think that if you have a task to do, do it well. Matter of personal pride, etc.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SFIPLA Job Fair 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So, how did everyone feel?

Still wondering about Orrick's no show... What does that mean? Double dip?


No, I wouldn't read too much into Orrick's cancellation. I know that Neel Chatterjee at Orrick's SV office interviewed an additional 18(!) unscheduled students at the Bay Area Diversity Fair a week prior. So maybe they feel happy with everyone they've already got.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.