Writing sample question

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Writing sample question

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:52 pm

I'm thinking about using a writing sample from my judicial internship in a state court of appeals. The state citation manual is quite a bit different than the Bluebook. Would it be a good idea to keep the citations as they were for my assignment or should I go through and switch them all to Bluebook form?

Cavalier

Re: Writing sample question

Postby Cavalier » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm thinking about using a writing sample from my judicial internship in a state court of appeals. The state citation manual is quite a bit different than the Bluebook. Would it be a good idea to keep the citations as they were for my assignment or should I go through and switch them all to Bluebook form?

I would convert them to Bluebook form just to be safe, but I would guess that you would be fine if you noted on your cover page that you used a different citation form. Not entirely sure though.

Return to “Legal Employment”