Mid-summer evaluation for summer associates?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Mid-summer evaluation for summer associates?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:32 pm

My firm doesn't do any formal mid-summer evaluations with summer associates, but I heard that a lot of places do. My friend's friend doesn't do it formally, but he requested feedback from them. Should I request feedback/evaluation too? Did you do it? Is it helpful? Thanks!!!!

Cavalier

Re: Mid-summer evaluation for summer associates?

Postby Cavalier » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:59 am

Anonymous User wrote:My firm doesn't do any formal mid-summer evaluations with summer associates, but I heard that a lot of places do. My friend's friend doesn't do it formally, but he requested feedback from them. Should I request feedback/evaluation too? Did you do it? Is it helpful? Thanks!!!!

I would request feedback from the people you've turned in projects to just to ensure that you're on the right track.

Anonymous User

Re: Mid-summer evaluation for summer associates?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:04 pm

Cavalier wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:My firm doesn't do any formal mid-summer evaluations with summer associates, but I heard that a lot of places do. My friend's friend doesn't do it formally, but he requested feedback from them. Should I request feedback/evaluation too? Did you do it? Is it helpful? Thanks!!!!

I would request feedback from the people you've turned in projects to just to ensure that you're on the right track.

Agree. This is something that all summers should be doing in my humble, uninformed opinion. Pretty nutty to step into a new role and just stumble around blindly.

Return to “Legal Employment”