Silly Resume Internship Question

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
kalvano

Silly Resume Internship Question

Postby kalvano » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:46 pm

Huh. I feel like a 0L again with the silly question, but it's bothering me.

Is it appropriate on a resume to say "sat second chair during trial" under my judicial internship heading? It's exactly what I am doing, but since I am not licensed, I'm not sure what the etiquette is on that.

vamedic03

Re: Silly Resume Internship Question

Postby vamedic03 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:53 pm

kalvano wrote:Huh. I feel like a 0L again with the silly question, but it's bothering me.

Is it appropriate on a resume to say "sat second chair during trial" under my judicial internship heading? It's exactly what I am doing, but since I am not licensed, I'm not sure what the etiquette is on that.

I'm confused... How would you sit second chair while doing a judicial internship?

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:56 pm

vamedic03 wrote:
kalvano wrote:Huh. I feel like a 0L again with the silly question, but it's bothering me.

I'm confused... How would you sit second chair while doing a judicial internship?

I had the same question.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:58 pm

I've been assigned to help the defense counsel, and am participating in everything exactly as if I were co-counsel. I know it's not technically "second chair", but I'm unsure how to get it across otherwise. But I've been participating in voir dire, all the hearings, and during the trial I am sitting at the table with defense counsel.
Last edited by kalvano on Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Army2Law

Postby Army2Law » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:58 pm

vamedic03 wrote:

I think it means he handled the routine objections the judge couldn't be bothered with.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:27 am

kalvano wrote:I've been assigned to help the defense counsel, and am participating in everything exactly as if I were co-counsel. I know it's not technically "second chair", but I'm unsure how to get it across otherwise. But I've been participating in voir dire, all the hearings, and during the trial I am sitting at the table with defense counsel.

Doesn't this seem at least borderline inappropriate? Although it may just be the fact I was reading about the "integrity of the court" and how judicial clerks should refrain from even nodding their head in view of the jury when counsel is making an argument and so I'm just conditioned to think something like this would be a bit controversial when it actually it is fine/happens all the time.

Return to “Legal Employment”