Clerkship Hiring Forum?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Clerkship Hiring Forum?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:03 am

This is more addressed to the moderators. With lawclerkaddict.com going defunct, would it be possible to start a clerkship hiring forum? I imagine that if we started threads on individual judges in this forum, it would become cluttered pretty quickly.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

nymario

Re: Clerkship Hiring

Postby nymario » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:15 am

This is a very good idea. Someone needs to step in and fill the void. G.T.L. has been amazing in his helpfulness, but a subforum would be extremely helpful.

ndirish2010

Re: Clerkship Hiring Forum?

Postby ndirish2010 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:33 am

Where did you see that about lawclerkaddict?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:34 am

ndirish2010 wrote:Where did you see that about lawclerkaddict?

All over the face of the site. They haven't updated any of the judges who have taken Senior status or incorporated any comments. Comment threads are getting overrun with spam bots.... it's like Geocities in the 90s on there.

Clurking2011

Postby Clurking2011 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:11 pm

G. T. L. Rev. wrote:I have previously floated this idea, and remain interested in helping. My impression is that it would not take much work to (1) completely replicate/update here the info available on LCA; and (2) stand up a sub-forum with other additional features (e.g., model cover letters; application timeline guides, etc.).

A subforum with threads for each circuit (for COA clerkships) plus threads for each district court could work well (although the district court threads could get unwieldy).

A wikipedia type page could work too.

JusticeJackson

Postby JusticeJackson » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:45 pm

Last edited by JusticeJackson on Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Richie Tenenbaum

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:06 pm

G. T. L. Rev. wrote:
Clurking2011 wrote:
G. T. L. Rev. wrote:I have previously floated this idea, and remain interested in helping. My impression is that it would not take much work to (1) completely replicate/update here the info available on LCA; and (2) stand up a sub-forum with other additional features (e.g., model cover letters; application timeline guides, etc.).

A subforum with threads for each circuit (for COA clerkships) plus threads for each district court could work well (although the district court threads could get unwieldy).

A wikipedia type page could work too.

I had a similar idea: one thread for each circuit; one thread for SCOTUS; and maybe a few threads for district courts. The district court threads could be by circuit (e.g., all CA5 district courts), or by region (one thread each for district courts in the northeast; mid-Atlantic; south; midwest; mountain west; and west coast). Each thread would have a master post at the top editable only by mods with info on the current judges, contact info, hiring status, etc.

The same could be done for state supreme courts and non-Art. III fed clerkships, although I am unsure how much traffic we'd get in those.

This sounds amazing. It would be incredibly helpful if TLS had stuff like this.

Cavalier

Postby Cavalier » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:18 pm

I've thought about this as well. Especially in today's climate, where most circuit court judges don't follow the plan and hiring begins in winter of 2L year, such a forum would be extremely useful. It would need to have anonymous posting, of course, and then a thread for each circuit and the Supreme Court, and something for the district courts as well (not sure the best way to divide them--regional sounds the best). And since many posters here don't attend top law schools, there would probably be enough demand for something on state courts--perhaps also divided regionally. I know Ken's been busy with other things, but as there is currently no central online site to turn to for clerkship discussions (LawClerkAddict is no longer being updated and is clearly dying), TLS could definitely use this as an opportunity to expand its dominance.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:58 am

I'm a former federal clerk. "In my day," when applying, I really benefited from the anonymous expertise of former clerks available at the Greedy Clerks messageboard. So, in an attempt to repay that a bit, I would definitely be happy to participate (anonymously only) in any hypothetical clerkship subforum. I think it's a great idea, given that both Clerkship Hiring Blog and LCA have dropped off ridiculously quickly.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:30 am

Why not a wiki?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_wiki_farms
I am going through clerkship stuff right now and would also be happy to contribute.

Return to “Legal Employment”