SEMJF & OCI same firms

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

SEMJF & OCI same firms

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:59 am

Just got the interview preselects back from SEMJF, and while I did get some Atlanta firms, I only had 2 Texas firms (and none of the big ones). So my question is, if I didn't get invited for an interview with the TX firm at the job fair, should I even bother bidding on them during OCI? I'm not sure if the evaluation criteria they use are the same for the two events, and my GPA increased dramatically since I submitted my apps for SEMJF (which included only fall grades). Basically, I went from bottom 40% of the class at UT and will be around top 1/3 by the time OCI rolls around.

Thoughts? People with prior experience?

thesealocust

Re: SEMJF & OCI same firms

Postby thesealocust » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:13 am

Yes, apply again. Firms will have different criteria between the job fairs, and you have a different set of credentials.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:37 am

Different but related question: What happens if you bid the same firm in a diversity fair and OCI, do not find out the results until both are due, get an interview/callback with a firm through a diversity fair, and get an interview with the same firm at OCI. Does Career Services allow you to cancel that interview? I will talk to them later in the week, but I wanted to know if people had experience with this, since we are only allowed to cancel "for emergencies." Also, does getting an offer, count as an "emergency"? If I have an offer going into OCI, I do not want to waste interviews for myself or classmates.

Aston2412

Postby Aston2412 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:46 am

Anonymous User wrote:Different but related question: What happens if you bid the same firm in a diversity fair and OCI, do not find out the results until both are due, get an interview/callback with a firm through a diversity fair, and get an interview with the same firm at OCI. Does Career Services allow you to cancel that interview? I will talk to them later in the week, but I wanted to know if people had experience with this, since we are only allowed to cancel "for emergencies." Also, does getting an offer, count as an "emergency"? If I have an offer going into OCI, I do not want to waste interviews for myself or classmates.

Accepting an offer excuses you from your other interviews. At least at GW.

Return to “Legal Employment”