(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
logan

Postby logan » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:03 pm

Last edited by logan on Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

thesealocust

Re: Calling All SA's: Who Wants to Share Info?

Postby thesealocust » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:20 pm

Sure, at my firm --

Oh wait, that's right, we're all still hoping to get offers and have developed loyalty to the places that are paying us gobs of money this summer. I'm happy to gossip with friends, but I doubt many people would be willing to do this, even with the anonymous feature.

logan

Postby logan » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:25 pm

Last edited by logan on Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:35 pm

As an interesting aside, places that DO compile this info (Vault, etc.) usually do it by surveying people as they leave the firm (i.e. when most loyalty has been extinguished).

Sup Kid

Postby Sup Kid » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:43 pm

thesealocust wrote:I doubt many people would be willing to do this, even with the anonymous feature.

TITCR. Reading Vault/ATL's Career Center will give you a somewhat accurate picture, and then once you receive an offer from a place, I recommend you talk with a bunch of junior associates at the firm, as well as anyone from your school who summered there the previous year. Also, google any firm you are seriously considering after receiving an offer, and see what the latest (within 6-12 months) news is about the firm -- major cases/deal, lateral hiring, losing partners, revenue/profits per partner, layoffs, etc -- in order to choose the best firm for you. TLS is not the place where you'll get the kind of information you're looking for.

Return to “Legal Employment”