UT-Austin from the Northeast Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
wjs98

New

UT-Austin from the Northeast

Post by wjs98 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:38 pm

Hey all,

I hear about the power of UT-Austin in the Texas legal market, as the state's market is a pretty insular market. I have a few friends that live there, and have visited them a few times over the years (Austin, Dallas being where they live) and would love the prospect of working there in the future. I'm from the Northeast...wondering if going to UT law suffices for breaking into this market, or is it a double deal kind of thing (Texas ties and UT student)? Answers would be appreciated as always.

Aberzombie1892

Gold

Re: UT-Austin from the Northeast

Post by Aberzombie1892 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:42 pm

wjs98 wrote:Hey all,

I hear about the power of UT-Austin in the Texas legal market, as the state's market is a pretty insular market. I have a few friends that live there, and have visited them a few times over the years (Austin, Dallas being where they live) and would love the prospect of working there in the future. I'm from the Northeast...wondering if going to UT law suffices for breaking into this market, or is it a double deal kind of thing (Texas ties and UT student)? Answers would be appreciated as always.
Yes, it is enough for the vast majority of Texas. Austin, however, is supposedly in a league of its own.

kalvano

Diamond

Re: UT-Austin from the Northeast

Post by kalvano » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:53 pm

Austin is just a smaller town with not a lot of law firms compared to Houston and Dallas. UT is fantatic for Texas though.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”