Looking for law-related job Chicago Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
TIKITEMBO

Silver

Looking for law-related job Chicago

Post by TIKITEMBO » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:16 pm

I have a lot of prior experience (not technically legal though it involved policy interpretation) giving direct social services to clients and working with the government in this area. Does anyone know where I could find paralegal, legal assistance work, or something law-related with an organization in this area (that pays!)? I haven't gone to law school but I'd love to start working with an organization before I apply.

Edited for more thorough content.

bk1

Diamond

Re: Looking for law-related job Chicago

Post by bk1 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:52 pm

TIKITEMBO

Silver

Post by TIKITEMBO » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:04 pm

Thanks for the reply, but I haven't found much luck there. I've also checked NPO.net. I'm thinking it will now come down to a good tip. Even a place I can volunteer with for a bit here and there beforehand.

TIKITEMBO

Silver

Post by TIKITEMBO » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:11 pm

Unfortunately, I've looked there too. The problem I usually have is that I have no direct experience and alot of the temp agencies like CLS don't have positions for that. :(

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”