Can Math Major pass Patent Bar?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Can Math Major pass Patent Bar?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:47 pm

Last edited by Anonymous User on Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JusticeJackson

Re: Can Math Major pass Patent Bar?

Postby JusticeJackson » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:04 pm

Last edited by JusticeJackson on Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:21 pm

Interesting...my major (Environmental Engineering) isn't a qualifying major, but I think I might qualify by having passed the FE. They don't say that you have to have passed the FE in a certain discipline, so presumably my EnvE FE would work.

turbotong

Postby turbotong » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:32 pm

Just because you can take it doesn't mean you should. Who wants to hire a math or environmental engineering major to do their patents for them?
http://www.fr.com <--- Fish and Richardson page. Scroll through their people. See how many have your major. Divide by overall # of people. That is how valuable your major is to them on a scale of 0 to 1.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:04 am

turbotong wrote:Just because you can take it doesn't mean you should. Who wants to hire a math or environmental engineering major to do their patents for them?
http://www.fr.com <--- Fish and Richardson page. Scroll through their people. See how many have your major. Divide by overall # of people. That is how valuable your major is to them on a scale of 0 to 1.

Wow, snotty. Did I say I wanted to do IP? I'm getting out of engineering for a reason, and I don't want to continue it after law school. I'm just saying I could.
I'd have to look at my transcript to count the credits and make sure, but I think I also would qualify under option B.iv. (EnvE includes an buttload of chemistry which I turned into a minor, physics for engineers, and a bunch of civil and chemical engineering classes.)
What is it with EEs thinking they're god's gift and no one else counts?

Return to “Legal Employment”