Vanderbilt Top 15%ish--Chicago, NYC

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Vanderbilt Top 15%ish--Chicago, NYC

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:00 pm

Hey all,

Finished around the top 15% at Vanderbilt (an estimate--Vandy only gives top 20% cut-off). Have two years work experience, OK interviewer, personable, etc. No word on journal.

Have strong ties to Chicago, and looking for a firm job in the city. Also have some ties to NYC. Can't say that I have a particular practice area that I am looking for--I've just started to review some of the firms that are coming to OCI.

Any suggestions for some target or reach firms?

Thanks everybody.

Anonymous User

Re: Vanderbilt Top 15%ish--Chicago, NYC

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:27 pm

BUMP

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:32 pm

Are you only looking for feedback from Vandy students? Because im not sure how the rest of us would know what NYC or Chicago firms are attending Vandy's OCI
Last edited by kaiser on Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pleasetryagain

Postby pleasetryagain » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:33 pm

I don't know what kind of response you aer looking for other than the names of firms you could easily find yourself. Your GPA puts you well above the cutoff for most of the top firms in any market so you shouldn't have a problem. Bid on every OCI firm you are interested in then find a list of all the other top firms in Chicago you'd be interested in and email their hiring coordinator/partner or look online and find out what they want to see in an application. Also, ask career services for some guidance/lists of Chicago firms that like to hire Vandy kids with awesome GPAs (most).

Good luck.

Return to “Legal Employment”