Vault/MCAA DC Career Fair

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
nuva

Re: Vault/MCAA DC Career Fair

Postby nuva » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:i also got one today for the LA fair (to one of the posters above...how do you know only 6 firms are participating?)

T17, top 40%

probably won't go. way too expensive for just one screener

Click the tab "exhibitors" - those are the firms attending.

For Los Angeles:

Bigham McCutchen
DLA Piper
FDIC
Hunton & Williams
Littler
McGuire Woods
Morrison & Foerster

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:40 am

any updates for anyone for the dc fair? uploaded/updated everything last fri. seems like its too late for those of us who uploaded late.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:26 pm

doesn't seem like there is much movement for the dc fair...whats going on?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:29 pm

Yes what is up with the DC fair? I'm a little surprised that I don't have a single interview considering I'm top 10% w/LR at a T25 (I know not that great, but I haven't had trouble getting interviews at other minority fairs...)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Yes what is up with the DC fair? I'm a little surprised that I don't have a single interview considering I'm top 10% w/LR at a T25 (I know not that great, but I haven't had trouble getting interviews at other minority fairs...)

That's pretty great...I mean it's not T14, but nothing outside of the T14 is, now is it?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:doesn't seem like there is much movement for the dc fair...whats going on?

I guess most places doing interviews are sending out requests late? Seems like a bad decision, as many people won't go if they don't have interviews lined up and have to make a decision soon (for plane/train/bus tickets, etc.).

Or most places don't do the invitation interviews at all. I mean, I'm close to top 5% at MVP and have only heard from two places at this fair.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:49 pm

Haven't heard squat from the DC fair. Top 20% at MVP, submitted everything about a week ago. Hopefully this means that it's fairly underpopulated and those of us who do go can get some 1 on 1 time with people.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:24 pm

Nothing still? (DC) I'm wondering if I should buy a plane ticket to head out there or not...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:05 am

Anyone else having trouble logging in?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:09 pm

Now that it's over, how'd it go for everyone? Interviews felt slightly awkward for me, since they were all in one room. Anyone given a timeline for when they would hear back? Anyone secure an interview with a firm that they hadn't received an interview request from? Can we keep each other update if any callbacks come from this?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Now that it's over, how'd it go for everyone? Interviews felt slightly awkward for me, since they were all in one room. Anyone given a timeline for when they would hear back? Anyone secure an interview with a firm that they hadn't received an interview request from? Can we keep each other update if any callbacks come from this?

Sidley said they'll make callbacks within the next two weeks, probably sometime next week.

Baker Botts and Nixon Peabody said they'll make calls within the next few days.

Sutherland said that it might take until the start of OCI at law schools for their recruiting committee to meet and give out callbacks.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:54 pm

Got a call back the day after my interview at the Vault LA career fair.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:03 pm

Congrats, with who?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Congrats, with who?

I'd rather not say.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:36 am

Didn't have any pre-select interviews here.

That said I thought a few of my table-talks went well and a few did not.

Gotta say, I thought I killed the Sutherland table talk? Umm, energy and environmental law? Yes please! DC? New York? Wherever you need me, I'm there.

Thought I sort of blew my Kaye Scholer table-talk, but I'm planning to follow-up so maybe I can salvage it.

Also spoke with Nixon and while I don't think it went well, I don't think it went awful. They're the firm I'd most like an interview with but I got the impression that I should just apply online. So I will. Whatevs.

Was anyone else SHOCKED by the complete lack of a line at Allen & Overy? I thought they'd be backed up out the wazoo but I was able to walk right up and chat with them - they seemed to have stuff memorized by rote though, so I'm not sure how helpful the interview drop actually was.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:24 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Now that it's over, how'd it go for everyone? Interviews felt slightly awkward for me, since they were all in one room. Anyone given a timeline for when they would hear back? Anyone secure an interview with a firm that they hadn't received an interview request from? Can we keep each other update if any callbacks come from this?

Sidley said they'll make callbacks within the next two weeks, probably sometime next week.

Baker Botts and Nixon Peabody said they'll make calls within the next few days.

Sutherland said that it might take until the start of OCI at law schools for their recruiting committee to meet and give out callbacks.

Sutherland told me they hoped to do callback invitations within the next two weeks, but it might take three weeks. Which I suppose does run into the start of early OCIs, but they sounded like they would be doing callbacks before the earliest OCIs start.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:03 am

Going to assume I'm dinged from Sidley at this point... but has anyone heard anything? I'm curious.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:14 am

Anonymous User wrote:Going to assume I'm dinged from Sidley at this point... but has anyone heard anything? I'm curious.

Also assuming a ding, also have yet to hear from them. Maybe they are waiting until after they do some OCIs? I'm considering sending a follow-up email to the recruiter, but I'm not sure if that's kosher/impatient.

Marley

Postby Marley » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:25 am

Anything ever come out of this?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:33 pm

Finally formally dinged from Sidley today.

Return to “Legal Employment”