Vault/MCAA DC Career Fair

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Marley
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:41 am

Vault/MCAA DC Career Fair

Postby Marley » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:43 am

Anyone else sign up/attended previously? Is this as substantive as other career fairs (Lavender Law, NorCal fair) in terms of callbacks/offers? Anyone heard from a firm about wanting to interview already?

Aston2412
Posts: 466
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:23 am

Re: Vault/MCAA DC Career Fair

Postby Aston2412 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:30 am

I'd appreciate thoughts and comments on this as well.

Aston2412
Posts: 466
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:23 am

Re: Vault/MCAA DC Career Fair

Postby Aston2412 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:08 pm

Bumping.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273331
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vault/MCAA DC Career Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:26 pm

Bumping because I heard from a firm recently. Just wanted more info--no interview invite yet. Anyone else getting anything?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273331
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vault/MCAA DC Career Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:44 pm

Haven't got my resume up there yet - still adding some last minute stuff to it.

I know they say you can update it whenever, but I really wanted to find out about journals first.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273331
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vault/MCAA DC Career Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:11 pm

So, I got an interview offer today (from Sidley). When I went to accept it, there were no choices to select for "time". I submitted the confirmation anyway. Is this normal/a programming problem on Vault's end, or does it mean that Sidley has already filled up all of its slots?
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273331
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vault/MCAA DC Career Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So, I got an interview offer today (from Sidley). When I went to accept it, there were no choices to select for "time". I submitted the confirmation anyway. Is this normal/a programming problem on Vault's end, or does it mean that Sidley has already filled up all of its slots?



Clearly it's time to upload my resume. Glad I held on to it until July 11 just to find out I didn't make a journal. Though I suppose that it won't make much difference.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273331
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vault/MCAA DC Career Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:So, I got an interview offer today (from Sidley). When I went to accept it, there were no choices to select for "time". I submitted the confirmation anyway. Is this normal/a programming problem on Vault's end, or does it mean that Sidley has already filled up all of its slots?



Clearly it's time to upload my resume. Glad I held on to it until July 11 just to find out I didn't make a journal. Though I suppose that it won't make much difference.


^ Is this with respect to CLS?

And are interviews at this fair first come first serve?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273331
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vault/MCAA DC Career Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:So, I got an interview offer today (from Sidley). When I went to accept it, there were no choices to select for "time". I submitted the confirmation anyway. Is this normal/a programming problem on Vault's end, or does it mean that Sidley has already filled up all of its slots?



Clearly it's time to upload my resume. Glad I held on to it until July 11 just to find out I didn't make a journal. Though I suppose that it won't make much difference.


^ Is this with respect to CLS?

And are interviews at this fair first come first serve?


There are sort of two things going on at once. First, there are a bunch of tables where firms and organizations (lots of government and PI groups) will have people taking all comers to talk, relatively casually (although presumably at least some people get callback offers from these tables). Then, there are the formal interviews, to which you must be invited by a firm/organization. You don't in any way solicit a formal interview; you just upload your resume, transcript, etc. onto the website and then wait to see if any firms/organizations express an interest.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273331
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vault/MCAA DC Career Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:32 pm

Above anon who still hasn't uploaded. Not CLS (I wish! then my outlook would be substantially better). T20.


To above poster, do they require transcripts too or just request them?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273331
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vault/MCAA DC Career Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:36 pm

Is it better to upload all the "optional" materials? (e.g., writing sample, which I haven't prepared yet)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273331
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vault/MCAA DC Career Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Above anon who still hasn't uploaded. Not CLS (I wish! then my outlook would be substantially better). T20.


To above poster, do they require transcripts too or just request them?


I'm the above poster with the interview, and I had uploaded a transcript before anyone contacted me. No idea if it was necessary in order to get an interview.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273331
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vault/MCAA DC Career Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:10 pm

So I've had my stuff uploaded (I think) for a while. No interview offer today.

Is everyone else uploading the same way? You login, click submit, then it says your information is updated. That it? Then its submitted?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273331
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vault/MCAA DC Career Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So, I got an interview offer today (from Sidley). When I went to accept it, there were no choices to select for "time". I submitted the confirmation anyway. Is this normal/a programming problem on Vault's end, or does it mean that Sidley has already filled up all of its slots?


+1 (though I got a slot--hope one opens up!) Any other firms biting?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273331
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vault/MCAA DC Career Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:22 pm

Anyone going to the LA fair? There are far less employers but I got invited to interview at one of the firms and just wondering if people get callbacks from this fair.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273331
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vault/MCAA DC Career Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone going to the LA fair? There are far less employers but I got invited to interview at one of the firms and just wondering if people get callbacks from this fair.

Would you mind sharing the firm? Just curious which ones have extended offers.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273331
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vault/MCAA DC Career Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone going to the LA fair? There are far less employers but I got invited to interview at one of the firms and just wondering if people get callbacks from this fair.

Would you mind sharing the firm? Just curious which ones have extended offers.


I rather not at the moment since there are only six firms in total and there are probably very limited interviews since it looks like only 12 time slots available. It is a CA based firm though.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273331
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vault/MCAA DC Career Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone going to the LA fair? There are far less employers but I got invited to interview at one of the firms and just wondering if people get callbacks from this fair.

Would you mind sharing the firm? Just curious which ones have extended offers.


I rather not at the moment since there are only six firms in total and there are probably very limited interviews since it looks like only 12 time slots available. It is a CA based firm though.

Understandable. Are you willing to share your approx. class standing (top 10%, top 25%, etc)? Don't worry about listing your school range if you are worried about being outed.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273331
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vault/MCAA DC Career Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone going to the LA fair? There are far less employers but I got invited to interview at one of the firms and just wondering if people get callbacks from this fair.

Would you mind sharing the firm? Just curious which ones have extended offers.


I rather not at the moment since there are only six firms in total and there are probably very limited interviews since it looks like only 12 time slots available. It is a CA based firm though.

Understandable. Are you willing to share your approx. class standing (top 10%, top 25%, etc)? Don't worry about listing your school range if you are worried about being outed.


HYS no idea what my class standing is, and I think it's impossible to know.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273331
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vault/MCAA DC Career Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:So, I got an interview offer today (from Sidley). When I went to accept it, there were no choices to select for "time". I submitted the confirmation anyway. Is this normal/a programming problem on Vault's end, or does it mean that Sidley has already filled up all of its slots?


+1 (though I got a slot--hope one opens up!) Any other firms biting?


They must have gone fast, then--I tried to respond within an hour.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273331
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vault/MCAA DC Career Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:52 pm

Anyone from the LA fair hear back from any firms recently?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273331
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vault/MCAA DC Career Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:42 pm

I got an interview invite today. Now I need to buy some tickets to fly out, expensive for 1 interview, but I can't afford to not take the chance.

Stats: T20, URM, Below median, secondary Journal.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273331
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vault/MCAA DC Career Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:48 pm

Was this also a Sutherland interview, or a different firm? Care to share which one?

sorry: congrats on the interview as well!! you can still rack them up by chatting up the tables; i'm sure the plane ticket will be worth it!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273331
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vault/MCAA DC Career Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:52 pm

i also got one today for the LA fair (to one of the posters above...how do you know only 6 firms are participating?)

T17, top 40%

probably won't go. way too expensive for just one screener

Anonymous User
Posts: 273331
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vault/MCAA DC Career Fair

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:So, I got an interview offer today (from Sidley). When I went to accept it, there were no choices to select for "time". I submitted the confirmation anyway. Is this normal/a programming problem on Vault's end, or does it mean that Sidley has already filled up all of its slots?


+1 (though I got a slot--hope one opens up!) Any other firms biting?


They must have gone fast, then--I tried to respond within an hour.


Update on this--must have been a bug in the system. They sent me a follow-up email a few days ago asking whether I planned to attend an interview or not. I checked the Vault website again, and this time it let me register (there were about five spots still open). So, still some room.

Also got the Sutherland interview today.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.