Top 20ish% at MVP -> SF w no historical ties Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Top 20ish% at MVP -> SF w no historical ties

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:53 pm

Ranking is a completely blind estimate. No education/life/work experience in the bay area, but would like to work there in the future. BS in computer science with work experience in web and software development. Eligible to sit for the patent bar. Non-exclusively interested in doing IP prosecution or litigation work. Want to be there for the local industry, environment, and the lifestyle.

Can I sell it?

Diamond

Re: Top 20ish% at MVP -> SF w no historical ties

Post by 20160810 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:05 am

You've got a perfectly good shot given your IP credentials. Look at Silicon Valley offices if possible, I'm sure you'll do well. Just articulate a not-totally-BS reason why you want to be there.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:07 am

I'd rather not live in the suburbs/commute for an hour to Palo Alto/Menlo/Redwood if I can help it. Do offices in SF handle very different practice areas?

Julio_El_Chavo

Silver

Post by Julio_El_Chavo » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:51 am

Anonymous User wrote:I'd rather not live in the suburbs/commute for an hour to Palo Alto/Menlo/Redwood if I can help it. Do offices in SF handle very different practice areas?
There's a lot more IP work in SV.

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:42 am

Julio_El_Chavo wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I'd rather not live in the suburbs/commute for an hour to Palo Alto/Menlo/Redwood if I can help it. Do offices in SF handle very different practice areas?
There's a lot more IP work in SV.
This. If you want to do IP work in the Bay, there's plenty in SF, but there's a TON in SV.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”