1L Extracurriculars

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
MC Southstar

1L Extracurriculars

Postby MC Southstar » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:50 pm

Does anyone give a shit?

aPosseAdEsse

Re: 1L Extracurriculars

Postby aPosseAdEsse » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:55 pm

I hope not. I've got participation (and some success) in in-house moot court competitions, and that's it. Hopefully grades speak for themselves. Were we supposed to be doing something other than studying?

dood

Postby dood » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:58 pm

MC Southstar wrote:Does anyone give a shit?

no. honest truth. have fun with it, but dont ever prioritize some extracurricular above GTL and studying. hth.

MC Southstar

Postby MC Southstar » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:58 pm

aPosseAdEsse wrote:I hope not. I've got participation (and some success) in in-house moot court competitions, and that's it. Hopefully grades speak for themselves. Were we supposed to be doing something other than studying?

idk, i just got bored of reading so I signed onto a bunch of crap. My 2nd semester grades may have suffered slightly as a result (although I have no idea, it IS law school). Overall, I'm still ballin'. I'm just wondering if I can be cut any slack for some of the higher ups or if firms are just number crunchers.

Omerta

Postby Omerta » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:32 pm

I think they're sort of important if you went straight through. My resume would pretty much just be my GPA if I took off community service and student groups I was involved in my 1L year.

Return to “Legal Employment”