romothesavior wrote:If you already answered this question or something similar, I apologize.
What is the biggest piece of advice you would give to a 2L before they came to your firm as an SA? Can be pre-summer advice, work advice, really anything.
Good question. Here are a few thoughts off the top of my head in no particular order:
- Get to know as many people as possible - especially in the group(s) you are most interested in
- If you get in over your head on a project, ask the associates for help and direction
- Use the recruiting department! We are here to help you and can help you get projects in areas of interest, introduce you to people, etc.
- Show up on time to events and be interested when there . . . (these are for you after all. . . )
- Show intellectual curiosity - if you are working on a project that lends itself, take your research one step further and ask if you are on track
- Be respectful of everyone in the firm