NYLS and Weil

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
stratocophic

Re: NYLS and Weil

Postby stratocophic » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:01 am

JoeC12 wrote:--ImageRemoved--
FTFY

glewz

Postby glewz » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:16 am

lawschoolROCKS22 wrote:
rad law wrote:
lawschoolROCKS22 wrote:Sealocust, are you dumb? Because you seem dumb. None of the links that you just posted are associates who graduated ITE, so what you posted had nothing to do with OP's question.

The answer is that some people win the BigLaw lottery big time, and entry level work at large law firms isn't exactly rocket science. BigLaw is mainly hard because of the soul-crushing hours. I'm sure that most people in the top 10% at NYLS could hold their own at Weil.

Cool anonymous call-out, bro. u scared?

Not sure how you made my quote appear not anonymous, but whatever.

lol I'm curious actually...how did you get lawschoolrocks' identity?

lawschoolROCKS22

Postby lawschoolROCKS22 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:47 am

glewz wrote:
lawschoolROCKS22 wrote:
rad law wrote:
lawschoolROCKS22 wrote:Sealocust, are you dumb? Because you seem dumb. None of the links that you just posted are associates who graduated ITE, so what you posted had nothing to do with OP's question.

The answer is that some people win the BigLaw lottery big time, and entry level work at large law firms isn't exactly rocket science. BigLaw is mainly hard because of the soul-crushing hours. I'm sure that most people in the top 10% at NYLS could hold their own at Weil.

Cool anonymous call-out, bro. u scared?

Not sure how you made my quote appear not anonymous, but whatever.

lol I'm curious actually...how did you get lawschoolrocks' identity?

Yeah, that was pretty badass, actually. Any way that I can start quoting anonymous quotes non-anon? I thought that I had set up an impenetrable forcefield of anonymity that would protect me from the impending wrath of NYLS, large firms, and sealocusts.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:02 pm

lawschoolROCKS22 wrote:Yeah, that was pretty badass, actually. Any way that I can start quoting anonymous quotes non-anon? I thought that I had set up an impenetrable forcefield of anonymity that would protect me from the impending wrath of NYLS, large firms, and sealocusts.

I edited rad law's post. Insults while posting as Anonymous is generally looked down on. "People reading this later might think I'm an asshole" generally isn't a good enough reason to warrant using the feature. God forbid somebody takes the time to piece together your online/real identity and find out you think sealocust seems dumb or that you think biglaw hours are soul-crushing.

DanInALionsDen

Postby DanInALionsDen » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:07 pm

JoeC12 wrote:Billy, if you don't see how this particular thread validates the issues that I brought up than you must have a severe misunderstanding of the English language.

It's funny when the ignorant try to condescend. Listen, as to your thread, I don't think most people believe it's T14 or bust. And certainly it is possible to fabricate some set of circumstances in which an individual from a T14 school is less employable than an individual from a tier 2 school. But that doesn't mean that the T14 doesn't generally convey better employment prospects, more careers opportunities, a better education w/ better professors, etc. No one needs to prove this point to you. Just ask yourself, if you could go to a T14 or to Rutgers, where would you go?

As to what this thread does or does not validate, it proves a very very small number of people from NYLS manage to find employment in biglaw. In all likelihood this guy had an in that you don't have, and even if he doesn't, his experience only constitutes an anecdote. Anecdotes prove very little.

In as much as your thread was meant to refute the supposition that it's "T14 or bust," I don't think you'll find many rational people who take that phrase literally. There's just a sliding scale of opportunity, and the point is to put yourself in the best position possible. The better the school, the better the position.

Also to provide just a little anecdote for you to consider. I chose to return to my home market for financial reasons this summer (so I could live with my parents), and I was hired for district court internship without even being interviewed. So I could have been fat and sweaty and awkward, and they never would have known.

glewz

Postby glewz » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:38 am

Helmholtz wrote:
lawschoolROCKS22 wrote:Yeah, that was pretty badass, actually. Any way that I can start quoting anonymous quotes non-anon? I thought that I had set up an impenetrable forcefield of anonymity that would protect me from the impending wrath of NYLS, large firms, and sealocusts.

I edited rad law's post. Insults while posting as Anonymous is generally looked down on. "People reading this later might think I'm an asshole" generally isn't a good enough reason to warrant using the feature. God forbid somebody takes the time to piece together your online/real identity and find out you think sealocust seems dumb or that you think biglaw hours are soul-crushing.

ahh the modly powers :)

Return to “Legal Employment”