Applying to OCI firms outside of OCI

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
pleasetryagain

Applying to OCI firms outside of OCI

Postby pleasetryagain » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:01 am

There are a couple of firms that I am really interested in. I know that they will be at my OCI but I am not sure that I'll get to interview with them. I'd still like to apply; what is the procedure for this? Do I apply as soon as I get my journal results (so I can have it on my resume) and get it in early? Do I wait for OCI to start/end before mailing resume? Any help is appreciated.

pleasetryagain

Re: Applying to OCI firms outside of OCI

Postby pleasetryagain » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:14 pm

bumping this because at 152 views someone has to have an opinion.

logan

Postby logan » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:32 pm

It depends. If you're bidding on the firms and simply don't get an interview, you can contact the recruiting coordinator and express your interest. They might make space for you. However, if you're not bidding on the firm at all, it's tough to claim that you're interested but not interested enough to bid.

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:36 pm

My school career services office told me this and the firms I asked all agreed: if they are coming to an OCI program, DO NOT apply outside of that program to the same firm. The only time it might be appropriate is when only one office is coming and you want another. But even then you should still contact the firm to find out what the procedure is.

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:36 pm

If it's a lottery and you don't get an interview, apply outside of OCI. If its preselects and you don't get one, don't bother. In either case, you might be able to drop a resume with the interviewer/ recruiter and try to score an interview.

Return to “Legal Employment”