Law Review Decisions Same Day as OCI Deadline

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Law Review Decisions Same Day as OCI Deadline

Postby IAmNietzche » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:52 pm

Thread title gives the gist of the dilemma.

Basically, as reported in our Law Review write-on packets, decisions concerning whether or not we've been selected to LR will be announced in mid-July. However, the deadline for the first round of OCI applications is the same date.

I wrote for the competition but am not really expecting to get on that way. However, I am ranked in the top 10% of my class which has traditionally been the cutoff for grading-on to LR at my school.

My question is, obviously not knowing for sure whether I'll make it or not, do I just wait out the decision, send in my resumes and then send updated resumes if I make LR? Also, from your experience, do people that grade-on to LR find out earlier than people who write-on?

Return to “Legal Employment”