UVa OGI 2011 thread

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UVa OGI 2011 thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:33 am

any word from arnall golden gregory (atlanta)?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UVa OGI 2011 thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:12 am

Anonymous User wrote:any word from arnall golden gregory (atlanta)?


I know of at least one CB.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UVa OGI 2011 thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:42 am

Anyone heard for Troutman NYC or Alston and Bird NYC?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UVa OGI 2011 thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:43 am

Has anyone heard from Troutman Richmond?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UVa OGI 2011 thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:34 am

Fried Frank DC ding via email

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UVa OGI 2011 thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:54 am

Any word on Watt Tieder?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UVa OGI 2011 thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:23 pm

Anyone heard from:

Alston & Bird NYC
Troutman Sanders NYC
Drinker Biddle
Morgan Lewis NYC

???

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UVa OGI 2011 thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:34 pm

At least 1 person has received a callback from Katten NYC.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UVa OGI 2011 thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:33 pm

Anyone hear back from Baker Botts' NY office?

User avatar
5ky
Posts: 6341
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: UVa OGI 2011 thread

Postby 5ky » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear back from Baker Botts' NY office?


I don't know a single person who had an interview with them here that hasn't gotten a callback.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UVa OGI 2011 thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:46 pm

Anyone want to speculate about the effect that an earthquake going off in the middle of an interview has on your chances? Will people remember you better because of it, or will they link you to the earthquake in their mind and not want to call you back?

User avatar
Julio_El_Chavo
Posts: 803
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:09 pm

Re: UVa OGI 2011 thread

Postby Julio_El_Chavo » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone want to speculate about the effect that an earthquake going off in the middle of an interview has on your chances? Will people remember you better because of it, or will they link you to the earthquake in their mind and not want to call you back?


LOL, thank you for this.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UVa OGI 2011 thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone want to speculate about the effect that an earthquake going off in the middle of an interview has on your chances? Will people remember you better because of it, or will they link you to the earthquake in their mind and not want to call you back?


You're linked to that earthquake for life. You'll never be able to separate yourself. Sorry.

barry
Posts: 176
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:30 pm

Re: UVa OGI 2011 thread

Postby barry » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone want to speculate about the effect that an earthquake going off in the middle of an interview has on your chances? Will people remember you better because of it, or will they link you to the earthquake in their mind and not want to call you back?


earthquake during interview = auto ding, the interviewers take it as a bad omen from God, sorry bro

haha

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UVa OGI 2011 thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:06 pm

Jenner & Block (Chicago) email ding

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UVa OGI 2011 thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:08 pm

any dings/cb's from winston chi?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UVa OGI 2011 thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone want to speculate about the effect that an earthquake going off in the middle of an interview has on your chances? Will people remember you better because of it, or will they link you to the earthquake in their mind and not want to call you back?


That depends. Did you and your interviewer embrace each other and share an "end-of-the-world" fornication session?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UVa OGI 2011 thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:00 pm

Any word from Sidley DC?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UVa OGI 2011 thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:10 pm

I'm hoping some 3Ls can shed light on this, but how late is too late to expect a callback to be fruitful? I'm in the process of scheduling some callbacks and due to the nature of my classes (a clinic and seminar that only meet once a week), I feel restricted to only doing callbacks on certain days so I don't miss these classes, which is pushing my callbacks into late September range. Is that too late to do a callback and still expect that a firm hasn't almost entirely filled their summer class?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UVa OGI 2011 thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:13 pm

[N/m]

User avatar
Julio_El_Chavo
Posts: 803
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:09 pm

Re: UVa OGI 2011 thread

Postby Julio_El_Chavo » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm hoping some 3Ls can shed light on this, but how late is too late to expect a callback to be fruitful? I'm in the process of scheduling some callbacks and due to the nature of my classes (a clinic and seminar that only meet once a week), I feel restricted to only doing callbacks on certain days so I don't miss these classes, which is pushing my callbacks into late September range. Is that too late to do a callback and still expect that a firm hasn't almost entirely filled their summer class?


Your professors, if they are like mine were, will record class during August and September. Don't worry about missing class.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UVa OGI 2011 thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any word from Sidley DC?


CBs have gone out from what I hear.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UVa OGI 2011 thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:14 pm

Julio_El_Chavo wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I'm hoping some 3Ls can shed light on this, but how late is too late to expect a callback to be fruitful? I'm in the process of scheduling some callbacks and due to the nature of my classes (a clinic and seminar that only meet once a week), I feel restricted to only doing callbacks on certain days so I don't miss these classes, which is pushing my callbacks into late September range. Is that too late to do a callback and still expect that a firm hasn't almost entirely filled their summer class?


Your professors, if they are like mine were, will record class during August and September. Don't worry about missing class.


What if the professor has explicitly stated that we are expected to be in every class? Would it be appropriate to just email the professor and ask?

User avatar
vamedic03
Posts: 1579
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:50 am

Re: UVa OGI 2011 thread

Postby vamedic03 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Julio_El_Chavo wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I'm hoping some 3Ls can shed light on this, but how late is too late to expect a callback to be fruitful? I'm in the process of scheduling some callbacks and due to the nature of my classes (a clinic and seminar that only meet once a week), I feel restricted to only doing callbacks on certain days so I don't miss these classes, which is pushing my callbacks into late September range. Is that too late to do a callback and still expect that a firm hasn't almost entirely filled their summer class?


Your professors, if they are like mine were, will record class during August and September. Don't worry about missing class.


What if the professor has explicitly stated that we are expected to be in every class? Would it be appropriate to just email the professor and ask?


Strongly consider dropping the class. If it's inhibiting you from quickly scheduling callbacks, then you should strongly consider dropping it. Taking Law & X Seminar your 2L year is far, far less important than obtaining a Summer Associate position. Law & X won't pay your student debt.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273108
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UVa OGI 2011 thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:45 pm

Ding from mofo dc




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.