3.2 with science background at CLS - bidding?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

3.2 with science background at CLS - bidding?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:33 am

I think I will have circa a 3.2 (if I ever get my last grade), but possibly a 3.16ish if it's not as good as I hoped. I do however have a hard science background (science degree, taking the patent bar in August) and am sort of a URM. My strategy so far has been to target firms with IP/health/life sciences practices, who have historically taken 50% or less honors students. Does anyone know any firms I should add to my list? Also, should I emphasize solely the IP interest or talk about health and life sciences fields as well? I have a fair amount of background in health.

Re: 3.2 with science background at CLS - bidding?

Postby timbs4339 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:31 am

I doubt you'll need to do this (you will probably get a job out of OCI with a hard science background), but go on NALP, Martindale and Chambers Partners a look for IP boutiques in any market you have ties to. A lot of these firms pay very high salaries and do not come to EIP, so you will have to mass mail them.

Return to “Legal Employment”