NALP Travel Reimbursement Question

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
future_atty

NALP Travel Reimbursement Question

Postby future_atty » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:02 am

Hi,

I'd like to know how long it typically takes for a Law Firm (biglaw) to process a NALP Travel Reimbursement. For me, it has been three weeks, and I don't want to start badgering the firm about it. Thanks.

fatduck

Re: NALP Travel Reimbursement Question

Postby fatduck » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:04 am

future_atty wrote:Hi,

I'd like to know how long it typically takes for a Law Firm (biglaw) to process a NALP Travel Reimbursement. For me, it has been three weeks, and I don't want to start badgering the firm about it. Thanks.

after 6 weeks you can ask permission to treat the firm as hostile

Sup Kid

Postby Sup Kid » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:44 am

future_atty wrote:Hi,

4-6 weeks is probably a good average, but some firms don't do any until the end of the recruiting season, like in November. After 6-8 weeks you can send a polite email to the recruiting department, but don't "badger the firm" (I seriously hope you were joking about doing that...)

future_atty

Postby future_atty » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:57 pm

This was my first time dealing with this process. I did send one email on week two to verify that the packet was received - and one phone call (msg) on week three. The reason I called was because my email was left unanswered. The content of my communications did not concern speed of processing, just whether it was received.

So, how many missteps?

Sup Kid

Postby Sup Kid » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:11 pm

future_atty wrote:This was my first time dealing with this process. I did send one email on week two to verify that the packet was received - and one phone call (msg) on week three. The reason I called was because my email was left unanswered. The content of my communications did not concern speed of processing, just whether it was received.

So, how many missteps?

So far, 2, but they're not major ones, so just stop being paranoid and focus on more important things (like working this summer/getting ready of OCI/etc).

Return to “Legal Employment”