Korean Market

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
stayway

Korean Market

Postby stayway » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:04 pm

Anyone familiar about working in South Korea as an in-house or a FLC (Foreign Legal Counsel)? If so any path I should take?

kdh89c

Re: Korean Market

Postby kdh89c » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:33 am

Hi I'm a Korean student who will be attending Tier 1 law school this fall and I have lived in Korea for almost my entire life. As far as I know, you have to work at least 3 years in the country you have obtained your legal license before working as a FLC. Also, it is much better to work in U.S before coming to South Korea, in terms of the working condition that Korean law firms will be offering to you.

gators88

Postby gators88 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:40 am

The best part about the Korean Market is it is open late, sometimes 24 hours. Pretty delicious prepared food as well.

My Korean Market even sells bootlegged cigarettes from states down South.

baboon309

Postby baboon309 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:51 am

gators88 wrote:The best part about the Korean Market is it is open late, sometimes 24 hours. Pretty delicious prepared food as well.

My Korean Market even sells bootlegged cigarettes from states down South.

hmmm

Return to “Legal Employment”