Mich OCI 2011

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273050
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Mich OCI 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:07 pm

13 interviews so far. haven't heard 1 thing. level of screwed-ness 1-10?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273050
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Mich OCI 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:13 interviews so far. haven't heard 1 thing. level of screwed-ness 1-10?


I've had 11 and I'm in the same place as you. Plus, all of my firms are NYC and four of them have already given CB's. I'm assuming I'm at an 8 right now and thanking god I have/had mass mail CB's (although no offers, so I'm probably still screwed :lol:).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273050
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Mich OCI 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:13 interviews so far. haven't heard 1 thing. level of screwed-ness 1-10?


0. Calm down. EIW only started yesterday. :D

Anonymous User
Posts: 273050
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Mich OCI 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Schulte CBs going out


This confirmed?


I (anon from above) got mine early afternoon but haven't heard about any others yet...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273050
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Mich OCI 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:13 interviews so far. haven't heard 1 thing. level of screwed-ness 1-10?


0. Calm down. EIW only started yesterday. :D


+1. I can't see some of the firms like Jones Day getting back to people in 24 hours, especially since multiple offices interviewed people for different offices around the country.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273050
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Mich OCI 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:53 pm

Any sense for how long we can expect to wait on Chicago firms? I've heard they take much longer than NY/DC but don't have a sense for how much longer that will be.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273050
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Mich OCI 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:anything from kasowitz?


Callback earlier this evening by phone


Guess I'm done for, ouch!


+1 and I thought this was one of my best.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273050
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Mich OCI 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:White + Case call back


Initials? They were by far one of my favorites, so I'm disappointed :(.


DC, last day substitute for KA.


Same here and same interviewer. I really felt good about that one and loved the firm and interviewer. I'm starting to get sick of interviewers telling me how great I am only to look at my transcript after it's all over and probably toss the whole package into the garbage.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273050
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Mich OCI 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:White + Case call back


Initials? They were by far one of my favorites, so I'm disappointed :(.


DC, last day substitute for KA.


Same here and same interviewer. I really felt good about that one and loved the firm and interviewer. I'm starting to get sick of interviewers telling me how great I am only to look at my transcript after it's all over and probably toss the whole package into the garbage.


Your interviewers have been telling you how great you are? Interesting.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273050
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Mich OCI 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:05 pm

To the poster above, I felt the same way about White & Case, so it's possible they were just awesome all around to everyone. (And my transcript isn't terrible or garbage-worthy at all, which almost makes it worse :| AND I have work experience).

Anyone heard anything from Kramer Levin yet? If I don't get that one, I'm going to start feeling REALLY sunk.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273050
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Mich OCI 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:13 interviews so far. haven't heard 1 thing. level of screwed-ness 1-10?


I've had 11 and I'm in the same place as you. Plus, all of my firms are NYC and four of them have already given CB's. I'm assuming I'm at an 8 right now and thanking god I have/had mass mail CB's (although no offers, so I'm probably still screwed :lol:).


Which 4? can we get a list of firms/offices that have given out callbacks going?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273050
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Mich OCI 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:13 interviews so far. haven't heard 1 thing. level of screwed-ness 1-10?


I've had 11 and I'm in the same place as you. Plus, all of my firms are NYC and four of them have already given CB's. I'm assuming I'm at an 8 right now and thanking god I have/had mass mail CB's (although no offers, so I'm probably still screwed :lol:).


Which 4? can we get a list of firms/offices that have given out callbacks going?


It was actually 3, not 4 and they were listed ITT: Kasowitz, White & Case (initials DC), Schulte. All NYC. I didn't interview with Clifford Chance or Sullivan & Cromwell, but they were mentioned as well. I'm trying to keep a running tally.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273050
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Mich OCI 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:49 pm

winston callbacks went out.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273050
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Mich OCI 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:winston callbacks went out.


Office/interviewers initials?

legalstuff
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: Mich OCI 2011

Postby legalstuff » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:winston callbacks went out.


Office/interviewers initials?


Chicago

Anonymous User
Posts: 273050
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Mich OCI 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:winston callbacks went out.


when did they go out?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273050
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Mich OCI 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:winston callbacks went out.


when did they go out?


earlier this afternoon

Anonymous User
Posts: 273050
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Mich OCI 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:winston callbacks went out.


when did they go out?


earlier this afternoon


all of them?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273050
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Mich OCI 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:winston callbacks went out.


when did they go out?


earlier this afternoon


all of them?



that, i do not know.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273050
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Mich OCI 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:To the poster above, I felt the same way about White & Case, so it's possible they were just awesome all around to everyone. (And my transcript isn't terrible or garbage-worthy at all, which almost makes it worse :| AND I have work experience).

Anyone heard anything from Kramer Levin yet? If I don't get that one, I'm going to start feeling REALLY sunk.


Yes, I interviewed with White & Case (DC initials), thought the interview went great, and have very good grades (got a SullCrom call back and dinner invite) and no CB.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273050
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Mich OCI 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:13 interviews so far. haven't heard 1 thing. level of screwed-ness 1-10?


I've had 11 and I'm in the same place as you. Plus, all of my firms are NYC and four of them have already given CB's. I'm assuming I'm at an 8 right now and thanking god I have/had mass mail CB's (although no offers, so I'm probably still screwed :lol:).


Which 4? can we get a list of firms/offices that have given out callbacks going?


It was actually 3, not 4 and they were listed ITT: Kasowitz, White & Case (initials DC), Schulte. All NYC. I didn't interview with Clifford Chance or Sullivan & Cromwell, but they were mentioned as well. I'm trying to keep a running tally.


Add Patterson Belknap and Proskauer NY to the list. Also Fried Frank but I think only one interviewer

Anonymous User
Posts: 273050
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Mich OCI 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Add Patterson Belknap and Proskauer NY to the list. Also Fried Frank but I think only one interviewer


I also heard Proskauer went out, some guy was talking about how he got a CB there on his phone in the middle of the student lounge :roll:

Anonymous User
Posts: 273050
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Mich OCI 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:57 pm

Which FF interviewer?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273050
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Mich OCI 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:01 am

Anonymous User wrote:Which FF interviewer?


Initials AB.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273050
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Mich OCI 2011

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:05 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Which FF interviewer?


Initials AB.


Thanks. That makes another "no" for me. Sigh.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.