Drug Testing during internship?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Drug Testing during internship?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:14 pm

1L summer, relatively lax federal government agency, 2 weeks into 5 week stint. Chances of getting drug tested? Likelihood/amount of warning in advance of drug test? Preachy answers will be met with derision.

memphisbelle

Re: Drug Testing during internship?

Postby memphisbelle » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:24 pm

Do they have a policy and procedure in place for random drug testing? Did you get drug tested prior to taking the job? I don't think anyone on here would be able to tell you that for sure...especially without more information on which agency you're talking about. In any case...don't get too carried away. :)

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:37 pm

I think you're being paranoid. But, that's probably the weed fucking with you.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:39 pm

memphisbelle wrote:Do they have a policy and procedure in place for random drug testing? Did you get drug tested prior to taking the job? I don't think anyone on here would be able to tell you that for sure...especially without more information on which agency you're talking about. In any case...don't get too carried away. :)

Point taken. No policy/procedure in place. Independent agency so it's been insulated from drug-testing exec orders. Things are predictably disorganized generally and having worked on some employment cases for them, I would be very surprised to find the smallest policy adverse to the interests of employees.

But more generally, I wonder what the chances of getting drug tested at a random time during an internship would be, considering the fact that they never did so prior to my start date and have never mentioned anything about it. Also, what is protocol on warning in advance of a drug test?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:40 pm

Renzo wrote:I think you're being paranoid. But, that's probably the weed fucking with you.

I don't disagree with you, but what about this suggests I'm being paranoid? The fact that i've already started working? thanks

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:17 am

bump... anyone other than people who want to make an unoriginal weed joke or say the phrase "policy and procedure?" Anyone with experience?

Return to “Legal Employment”