Any Chance at Fed Clerkship from Low T-2?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
vraptor

Any Chance at Fed Clerkship from Low T-2?

Postby vraptor » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:05 pm

The title of the post is pretty self-explanatory. Numerically in the top 5 at a law school in the #84-100 cluster, non-EIC leadership position on Law Review, Summer Associate in Regional Big Law in the flyover circuit that I would like to clerk in. Any legit chance at a federal DC or COA?

Anonymous User

Re: Any Chance at Fed Clerkship from Low T-2?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:16 pm

The best predictor is to look at the best clerkships your school's students have gotten recently. Unless you have killer recs and something they don't have, ITE you aren't going to do better than them. That said, DC should be in reach if you have good recs. CoA will probably be much harder, a great published note will help, but you probably need some professor pull to get there...Good Luck!

ggocat

Postby ggocat » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:23 am

Probably no shot at federal COA unless you have an in.

You have a non-negligible chance of getting DC interview(s) based on grades alone.

blsingindisguise

Postby blsingindisguise » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:07 pm

I would say you have a pretty good shot at a Fed Art III clerkship if you're willing to move, and you might even be competitive for prized districts like SDNY (depending on whether competition is as tough as it was in the last two years). Probably not going to get a COA clerkship straight out but you might be able to get one after a dist ct clerskship. Good luck!

cabbydui

Postby cabbydui » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:06 pm

bump, OP's situation is similar to mine and I am curious about potential odds of getting clerkship

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:44 pm

I sort of doubt SDNY is realistic. The average SDNY District judge gets apps from 64 NYU students (with a median GPA among those accepted putting them at or near 10%).

Return to “Legal Employment”