How to dress with large boobs Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

How to dress with large boobs

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 31, 2011 9:01 pm

Hi Ladies of TLS,

I'm looking for some advice on what to wear for interviews and summer positions. The "problem" is I have a pretty large bust. OK, let's not kid ourselves, they're big. Always have been. I don't want to appear slutty, but it seems like every shirt is either low cut enough that I'm sporting major cleavage or it's really clingy unless I buy one WAY too big.

Does anyone else have this problem? What style/cuts work for you? Where do you shop?

Thank you!

Holly Golightly

Gold

Re: How to dress with large boobs

Post by Holly Golightly » Tue May 31, 2011 9:02 pm

*summons IAFG and para*

heyyitskatie

New

Post by heyyitskatie » Tue May 31, 2011 9:09 pm

have you considered buying clothes that fit your boobs and then getting them tailored to properly fit your waist? if money's an issue, buy old season basics (so nobody can really tell) at outlets, Nordstrom's Rack, etc. and spend the extra $$ on tailoring.

Jack Smirks

Silver

Post by Jack Smirks » Tue May 31, 2011 9:10 pm

You've had big boobs for how long and you still haven't discovered a way to hide them in a non-slutty way? I'm having a hard time believing this.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 31, 2011 9:12 pm

We laugh at this stuff but it could be a serious problem. http://abovethelaw.com/2011/05/remember ... udes-wife/

Lwoods

Silver

Post by Lwoods » Tue May 31, 2011 9:24 pm

naterj wrote:You've had big boobs for how long and you still haven't discovered a way to hide them in a non-slutty way? I'm having a hard time believing this.
:)

Assuming OP is typically a casual dresser and hasn't had to abide by a business casual dress code...I've had mixed/okay results with The Limited, Ann Taylor/Loft and WH|BM. Personally, I prefer high neck sleeveless tops that I wear under blazers/suit jackets and cardigans.
--ImageRemoved----ImageRemoved--

For button-up shirts, I've actually had some success at NY&Co. The quality isn't the greatest, but alright if you need/want the filler for cheap.

I also do a lot of layering. I have a few tank tops that I wear under wrap dresses and v-neck tops that cover the cleavage. I found some good ones at Forever 21 for $2 each or something ridiculous like that.

Lastly, a good bra is key. When everything is in the right spot, clothes fit better. I recommend Town Shop in New York.

KJG

New

Post by KJG » Tue May 31, 2011 10:34 pm

I just don't think we can provide quality advice unless we get a visual on these large boobs. Seriously, we have to know what we are working with here.

j/k

My wife just gave birth and the entire pregnancy she was excited about the prospect of finally having bigger boobs. They still haven't shown up so she is bummed. The minute they develop a boob transplant surgery I will contact you to work out the details.

Borhas

Platinum

Post by Borhas » Tue May 31, 2011 10:47 pm

KJG wrote:My wife just gave birth and the entire pregnancy she was excited about the prospect of finally having bigger boobs. They still haven't shown up so she is bummed. The minute they develop a boob transplant surgery I will contact you to work out the details.
pics or it didn't happen
Last edited by Borhas on Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Spookyghost

Bronze

Post by Spookyghost » Tue May 31, 2011 10:52 pm

When dressing with large boobs, I do believe the old mantra less is more works fantastically with clothing.

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Tue May 31, 2011 10:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:When dressing with large boobs, I do believe the old mantra less is more works fantastically with clothing.
"less is more" applies to so many situations, for instance, the amount of responsibility we take for our opinions

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Tue May 31, 2011 10:59 pm

I'm just going to leave THIS HERE:

"Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, clerkship, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge."

Platinum

Post by 071816 » Tue May 31, 2011 11:01 pm

lol the topics people start on TLS nowadays...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Tue May 31, 2011 11:01 pm

chimp wrote:lol the topics people start on TLS nowadays...
Indeed...

soupisgood

Bronze

Post by soupisgood » Tue May 31, 2011 11:02 pm

Lwoods wrote: Personally, I prefer high neck sleeveless tops that I wear under blazers/suit jackets and cardigans.
Lastly, a good bra is key. When everything is in the right spot, clothes fit better.
+1 to everything above.

Tops that look "maybe slightly low cut" on the hanger can end up looking "borderline obscene" if you're relatively well endowed, so necklines with a higher cut would work best. Though without proper support, your assets might look a little un-perky in these tops. And I'm sure you know this already, but stay away from turtlenecks.

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Tue May 31, 2011 11:04 pm

soupisgood wrote:
Lwoods wrote: Personally, I prefer high neck sleeveless tops that I wear under blazers/suit jackets and cardigans.
Lastly, a good bra is key. When everything is in the right spot, clothes fit better.
+1 to everything above.

Tops that look "maybe slightly low cut" on the hanger can end up looking "borderline obscene" if you're relatively well endowed, so necklines with a higher cut would work best. Though without proper support, your assets might look a little un-perky in these tops. And I'm sure you know this already, but stay away from turtlenecks.
SOUP. Where the heck have you been???

HamDel

New

Post by HamDel » Tue May 31, 2011 11:05 pm

nygrrrl wrote:I'm just going to leave THIS HERE:

"Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, clerkship, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge."
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: You gonna call the wahhhhmbulance too? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

soupisgood

Bronze

Post by soupisgood » Tue May 31, 2011 11:07 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
soupisgood wrote:
+1 to everything above.

SOUP. Where the heck have you been???
I have been hardcore TTC/TLS lurking. *hangs head in shame*
How have you been? <3

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Tue May 31, 2011 11:07 pm

HamDel wrote:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: You gonna call the wahhhhmbulance too? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
There aren't many rules on TLS, dude. This one is simple and clearly stated.

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Tue May 31, 2011 11:08 pm

soupisgood wrote:
I have been hardcore TTC/TLS lurking. *hangs head in shame*
How have you been? <3
:mrgreen: Insanely busy, juggling gigs, classes, etc. Will catch up later in PMs. Nice to see you.

HamDel

New

Post by HamDel » Tue May 31, 2011 11:09 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
HamDel wrote:

So the answer is yes?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Tue May 31, 2011 11:10 pm

HamDel wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:
HamDel wrote:

So the answer is yes?
LOL. Public service. So everyone is clear. Don't mess with the Anon feature or we'll have to take away your toys.

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Tue May 31, 2011 11:27 pm

Lwoods wrote:
naterj wrote:You've had big boobs for how long and you still haven't discovered a way to hide them in a non-slutty way? I'm having a hard time believing this.
:)

Assuming OP is typically a casual dresser and hasn't had to abide by a business casual dress code...I've had mixed/okay results with The Limited, Ann Taylor/Loft and WH|BM. Personally, I prefer high neck sleeveless tops that I wear under blazers/suit jackets and cardigans.
--ImageRemoved----ImageRemoved--

For button-up shirts, I've actually had some success at NY&Co. The quality isn't the greatest, but alright if you need/want the filler for cheap.

I also do a lot of layering. I have a few tank tops that I wear under wrap dresses and v-neck tops that cover the cleavage. I found some good ones at Forever 21 for $2 each or something ridiculous like that.

Lastly, a good bra is key. When everything is in the right spot, clothes fit better. I recommend Town Shop in New York.
I wind up wearing tops like this. The Limited has good ones, and I've found a bunch at Nordstrom rack too - for like $12, and they have a huge variety. I've yet to find a button up that I don't have to worry about and won't drown in. Also, with large boobs, you can do a more blousy top and tuck it into a skirt (don't wear it with pants, or you'll have no shape at all). Ohh, and don't forget about the shift dress. Most of them have higher neck lines.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:18 am

Thanks to those who gave advice!

Oh, and this wasn't a joke. I really was curious what those who have been through OCI and worked in a firm about this subject. Yes, of course I know how to dress without highlighting my features too much, but I haven't had to dress for daily work in such a professional environment. My experience is with a more casual look.

Anyway, thanks again to those who offered tips.

Jack Smirks

Silver

Post by Jack Smirks » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:32 am

nygrrrl wrote:LOL. Public service. So everyone is clear. Don't mess with the Anon feature or we'll have to take away your toys.
Quit explaining yourself and banhammer that fool.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”