2L Job Hunt: How many applications do you plan on sending?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Number of Applications

1-15
11%
16-50
6%
51-100
22%
101-250
17%
251-1000
33%
1000+
11%

Total votes: 18

gwuorbust

2L Job Hunt: How many applications do you plan on sending?

Postby gwuorbust » Tue May 31, 2011 7:47 pm

This should include bids at OCI, targeted applications, resume drops and mass mailing.

Just wondering what the typical amount is. I have my theories, but I won't bias the discussion.

Anonymous User

Re: 2L Joh Hunt: How many applications do you plan on sending?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue May 31, 2011 8:04 pm

gwuorbust wrote:This should include bids at OCI, targeted applications, resume drops and mass mailing.

Just wondering what the typical amount is. I have my theories, but I won't bias the discussion.
Probably about 150-250 between mailing, firms' online apps, and 2 or 3 job fair/OCI things (that have preset bid amounts). I have really good grades at a T25 and some fairly unique stuff on my resume so it won't be NY TO 190 for me, but I'm pretty positive I'll do alright for myself without the need for a shock-and-awe resume spam. I'll probably just end up mailing for secondary markets I'd think about taking over NY/DC, and then also some primary market firms that don't do OCI at my school and are strong in the practice area I want. I'll know if I need to start cranking out resume spam by mid-to-late August, so I ought to be able to recover if the unexpected happens.

Or I'll just be neurotic and send out 500+ anyway. Knowing myself as I do...

Return to “Legal Employment”