0L summer employment/internship Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
jrose5

Silver

0L summer employment/internship

Post by jrose5 » Mon May 30, 2011 10:26 pm

I'm about to interview for a summer employment position/internship at a major tech company (in their legal department). I'm not sure if it's fortune 500 but it has pretty good name recognition.

Currently a 0L about to enter law school (t14), interested in IP/biglaw. I was wondering if the 0L summer job would help me when I apply for 1L and 2L summer internships? What about getting off a WL?

Thanks for your input!

dr123

Gold

Re: 0L summer employment/internship

Post by dr123 » Mon May 30, 2011 10:28 pm

You should be more concerned with actually getting the job, dude.

jrose5

Silver

Re: 0L summer employment/internship

Post by jrose5 » Mon May 30, 2011 10:31 pm

dr123 wrote:You should be more concerned with actually getting the job, dude.
I think I may be the only person they're looking at right now. I don't want to get into specifics (since this might give my identity away), but I think I'm only competing against myself at this moment.

Either way, point taken.

edit: What happened was, I applied for a summer internship at a place I was interested in working at. They didn't have any more spots left for the summer, so they forwarded my resume to this other firm, who saw it and immediately contacted me the same day. So I'm guessing I have a decent shot at it.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”