2011 OCI 2L Placement by School - post your school's data

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Cubyfan21
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: 2011 OCI 2L Placement by School - post your school's data

Postby Cubyfan21 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:27 pm

Any new info?

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 2011 OCI 2L Placement by School - post your school's data

Postby Grizz » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:56 am

Cubyfan21 wrote:Any new info?

OCI is not really over yet this year duderino

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: 2011 OCI 2L Placement by School - post your school's data

Postby romothesavior » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:01 pm

Grizz wrote:
Cubyfan21 wrote:Any new info?

OCI is not really over yet this year duderino

+1. Seems premature. I know a few people who got offers or even CBs this week with secondary market biglawl.

User avatar
quakeroats
Posts: 1399
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:34 am

Re: 2011 OCI 2L Placement by School - post your school's data

Postby quakeroats » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:52 pm

romothesavior wrote:
Grizz wrote:
Cubyfan21 wrote:Any new info?

OCI is not really over yet this year duderino

+1. Seems premature. I know a few people who got offers or even CBs this week with secondary market biglawl.


This is for last summer's data, which should be out for every school.

drbarry987
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:25 pm

Re: 2011 OCI 2L Placement by School - post your school's data

Postby drbarry987 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:01 pm

Just wondering if NYU or any other schools have released this data yet re: fall 2011 EIW/OCI

User avatar
rayiner
Posts: 6184
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:43 am

Re: 2011 OCI 2L Placement by School - post your school's data

Postby rayiner » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:05 pm

drbarry987 wrote:Just wondering if NYU or any other schools have released this data yet re: fall 2011 EIW/OCI


Chicago and Columbia.

http://www.law.columbia.edu/careers/car ... rospective
http://www.law.uchicago.edu/prospective ... oymentdata

drbarry987
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:25 pm

Re: 2011 OCI 2L Placement by School - post your school's data

Postby drbarry987 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:30 pm

Hopefully NYU puts out some info on fall 2011 EIW placement relatively soon - given that their peer schools have. Would be helpful for 0Ls going through a decision making process now.

drbarry987
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:25 pm

Re: 2011 OCI 2L Placement by School - post your school's data

Postby drbarry987 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:01 am

bump. anything new from NYU? I think someone posted on here that ~70% of EIW participants last year got some sort of offer. Is this about right for last fall's participants (2011)?

User avatar
ExAnt3
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:25 pm

Re: 2011 OCI 2L Placement by School - post your school's data

Postby ExAnt3 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:30 pm

CLS is having a mandatory EIP meeting for 1Ls tonight. Last year they gave out pretty detailed information about EIP from the year before. If someone posts the info we can get a detailed breakdown of how the class of 2013 did at EIP this year.

chasgoose
Posts: 715
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: 2011 BigLaw 2L Placement by School - post your school's data

Postby chasgoose » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:06 pm

Total Litigator wrote:Yeah this all has to be BS. Those figures are way to high. Almost 20% V10's? Cough *bullshit* Cough.


I mean at NYU, 5% of the Class of 2013 is going to just ONE V5 firm this summer according to the numbers given to us at that firm's 1L reception... it's not that unbelievable.

User avatar
rayiner
Posts: 6184
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:43 am

Re: 2011 BigLaw 2L Placement by School - post your school's data

Postby rayiner » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:26 pm

chasgoose wrote:
Total Litigator wrote:Yeah this all has to be BS. Those figures are way to high. Almost 20% V10's? Cough *bullshit* Cough.


I mean at NYU, 5% of the Class of 2013 is going to just ONE V5 firm this summer according to the numbers given to us at that firm's 1L reception... it's not that unbelievable.


18% V10 is totally believable for Columbia. For C/O 2012 at NU, I've confirmed 12% at V10, possibly a bit more because I'm missing data on a few firms.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: 2011 OCI 2L Placement by School - post your school's data

Postby romothesavior » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:53 pm

quakeroats wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
Grizz wrote:
Cubyfan21 wrote:Any new info?

OCI is not really over yet this year duderino

+1. Seems premature. I know a few people who got offers or even CBs this week with secondary market biglawl.

This is for last summer's data, which should be out for every school.

This comment was made months ago but was dumb. Those who OCI'd in 2011 didn't summer in 2011. This thread was for those who OCI'd in 2011.

drbarry987
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:25 pm

Re: 2011 OCI 2L Placement by School - post your school's data

Postby drbarry987 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:25 pm

Based on what I've heard, I'd guess NYU put about 75% of c/o 2013 EIW paticipants into firm jobs. Don't have the hard data to back this up though.

User avatar
smokeylarue
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:55 pm

Re: 2011 OCI 2L Placement by School - post your school's data

Postby smokeylarue » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:19 pm

ExAnt3 wrote:CLS is having a mandatory EIP meeting for 1Ls tonight. Last year they gave out pretty detailed information about EIP from the year before. If someone posts the info we can get a detailed breakdown of how the class of 2013 did at EIP this year.


Any numbers on this?

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: 2011 OCI 2L Placement by School - post your school's data

Postby Bronck » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:16 am

smokeylarue wrote:
ExAnt3 wrote:CLS is having a mandatory EIP meeting for 1Ls tonight. Last year they gave out pretty detailed information about EIP from the year before. If someone posts the info we can get a detailed breakdown of how the class of 2013 did at EIP this year.


Any numbers on this?


+1, would love to see this

drbarry987
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:25 pm

Re: 2011 OCI 2L Placement by School - post your school's data

Postby drbarry987 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:44 am

Believe NYU had a similar meeting and would love to here those numbers.

dixiecupdrinking
Posts: 3142
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:39 pm

Re: 2011 OCI 2L Placement by School - post your school's data

Postby dixiecupdrinking » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:00 am

NYU was a shade under 80% last year and I heard from 1Ls that it improved again for Class of 2013. Don't know by how much.

User avatar
ExAnt3
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:25 pm

Re: 2011 OCI 2L Placement by School - post your school's data

Postby ExAnt3 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:26 am

Bronck wrote:
smokeylarue wrote:
ExAnt3 wrote:CLS is having a mandatory EIP meeting for 1Ls tonight. Last year they gave out pretty detailed information about EIP from the year before. If someone posts the info we can get a detailed breakdown of how the class of 2013 did at EIP this year.


Any numbers on this?


+1, would love to see this


I haven't heard anything, but I'll try and ask around. Don't know any 1Ls though.

User avatar
Guchster
Posts: 1205
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:38 pm

Re: 2011 OCI 2L Placement by School - post your school's data

Postby Guchster » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:42 pm

Numbers from CLS. We don't have access to all the informational digitally, and I'm too lazy to type up stuff.

But they said 92% of our class did EIP at CLS, and 85% of those 92% got at least 1 offer.

User avatar
Guchster
Posts: 1205
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:38 pm

Re: 2011 OCI 2L Placement by School - post your school's data

Postby Guchster » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:48 pm

ps besides these numbers, what they gave us right now is the number of bids, screeners, call backs offered/accepted, offers extended, and offers accepted for every firm involved in EIP.

LawIdiot86
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:21 pm

Re: 2011 OCI 2L Placement by School - post your school's data

Postby LawIdiot86 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:51 pm

Guchster wrote:ps besides these numbers, what they gave us right now is the number of bids, screeners, call backs offered/accepted, offers extended, and offers accepted for every firm involved in EIP.


Can you scan them in? Can you answer specific firm inquiries? PM?

User avatar
Guchster
Posts: 1205
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:38 pm

Re: 2011 OCI 2L Placement by School - post your school's data

Postby Guchster » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:53 pm

LawIdiot86 wrote:
Guchster wrote:ps besides these numbers, what they gave us right now is the number of bids, screeners, call backs offered/accepted, offers extended, and offers accepted for every firm involved in EIP.


Can you scan them in? Can you answer specific firm inquiries? PM?


I'm in the library right now so I don't have that data, and I'm too Type B to scan them. But if you PM me specific firms you're looking for, I can do it when I get home later tonight/early morning.

LawIdiot86
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:21 pm

Re: 2011 OCI 2L Placement by School - post your school's data

Postby LawIdiot86 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:53 pm

Guchster wrote:Numbers from CLS. We don't have access to all the informational digitally, and I'm too lazy to type up stuff.

But they said 92% of our class did EIP at CLS, and 85% of those 92% got at least 1 offer.


Also, congrats to CLS rocking a 78% biglaw offer rate. Regardless of T6 status, that shows impressive effort by the CSO.

User avatar
Guchster
Posts: 1205
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:38 pm

Re: 2011 OCI 2L Placement by School - post your school's data

Postby Guchster » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:01 pm

LawIdiot86 wrote:
Guchster wrote:Numbers from CLS. We don't have access to all the informational digitally, and I'm too lazy to type up stuff.

But they said 92% of our class did EIP at CLS, and 85% of those 92% got at least 1 offer.


Also, congrats to CLS rocking a 78% biglaw offer rate. Regardless of T6 status, that shows impressive effort by the CSO.


Just for the sake of being correct, we had an 85% biglaw offer rate--basically 78% of our entire class (including those so uninterested in big law that they didn't even bother to apply in the first place) had the option of doing big law.

User avatar
Guchster
Posts: 1205
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:38 pm

Re: 2011 OCI 2L Placement by School - post your school's data

Postby Guchster » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:02 pm

guys i can post the V10 on here. those numbers shouldn't be too hard.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.