Pepper Hamilton's "Extreme Interviews"

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
stayway

Re: Pepper Hamilton's "Extreme Interviews"

Postby stayway » Fri May 27, 2011 5:04 pm

beach_terror wrote:
beachbum wrote:Honestly, I love hearing that sports is such a common topic in interviews/callbacks. I have a pretty good working knowledge of football, baseball, and basketball, and would love to get hired to a market-paying position based on my addiction to ESPN. And watching sports seems considerably easier and more enjoyable than striving for top 10%.

The caveat is if you're not in the top 10%, you aren't getting these interviews to begin with.

True story.

Edit:

We talked about Indian food, the Knicks, and Ferraris during my only CB interview. I guess I didn't know enough, got dinged.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:04 pm

Bumping, have an interview with Pepper in which I need to be prepared to converse about my writing sample. Would love to talk with someone who has gone through this process before.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Bumping, have an interview with Pepper in which I need to be prepared to converse about my writing sample. Would love to talk with someone who has gone through this process before.

Just be prepared and know your writing sample. It's not really hard.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:17 pm

beach_terror wrote:
beachbum wrote:Honestly, I love hearing that sports is such a common topic in interviews/callbacks. I have a pretty good working knowledge of football, baseball, and basketball, and would love to get hired to a market-paying position based on my addiction to ESPN. And watching sports seems considerably easier and more enjoyable than striving for top 10%.

The caveat is if you're not in the top 10%, you aren't getting these interviews to begin with.

Not necessarily true. Got a CB from Pepper, T2 in Philly, top 25% with secondary journal.

Return to “Legal Employment”