Stupid Question Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
kalvano

Diamond

Stupid Question

Post by kalvano » Mon May 23, 2011 8:00 pm

Is there a place to find out different firms OCI requirements? Like class percentile, Law Review / moot court / mock trial, etc?

I know it's on Symplicty, but is there anywhere else?

Cupidity

Gold

Re: Stupid Question

Post by Cupidity » Mon May 23, 2011 8:07 pm

NALP Quicksearch has general firm-provided information. It won't allow you to tailor their curve to match your school

What the f.supp?

Bronze

Post by What the f.supp? » Mon May 23, 2011 8:08 pm

Here's the link: --LinkRemoved--

Some firms have more comprehensive info than others. A good amount have actual ranking requirements (e.g. top 10%), but it seems like the more prestigious firms just have some iteration of "superior grades." Good luck!

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Mon May 23, 2011 8:22 pm

Thanks, for some reason I completely missed that section in the NALP database.

Bless the employers who actually put numerical requirements. I hate the "academic excellence" dance. Just come out and say what you want.

Renzo

Gold

Post by Renzo » Mon May 23, 2011 9:03 pm

The numerical requirements are 100% unadulterated bullshit, so don't get too excited about them. A firm that says "top 25%" on it's NALP form might mean "has a pulse" at some schools and "only #1 student" at another school.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Mon May 23, 2011 9:06 pm

I'm only looking at the Texas firms that recruit mainly from Texas schools, so I think they might be a little more accurate?

Who knows.

What the f.supp?

Bronze

Post by What the f.supp? » Mon May 23, 2011 9:18 pm

Renzo wrote:The numerical requirements are 100% unadulterated bullshit, so don't get too excited about them. A firm that says "top 25%" on it's NALP form might mean "has a pulse" at some schools and "only #1 student" at another school.
Man I wish I knew (or had the common sense to think of) this last year! I was really interested in Ober|Kaler but fell out of the top 10% and, since I didn't meet their requirements, I didn't apply.

DAJ_Summer

New

Post by DAJ_Summer » Mon May 23, 2011 10:55 pm

Renzo wrote:The numerical requirements are 100% unadulterated bullshit, so don't get too excited about them. A firm that says "top 25%" on it's NALP form might mean "has a pulse" at some schools and "only #1 student" at another school.
This was definitely my experience. I found data from career services - or old sets of such data from other students - was the only reliable info out there. Firms would often post grade ranges that were wildly inaccurate, in either direction.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”