Get Vault subscription?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
desertlaw

Get Vault subscription?

Postby desertlaw » Mon May 23, 2011 1:55 pm

Do you guys think it's worth it to get a Vault subscription for the 3 month period or even a year?

Just finished 1L at M/V/P and am doing research for OCI's. Still waiting on spring grades but probably top 20-10% of class.

If any 2L's or 3L's want to comment on if they used Vault and if they felt it was to their advantage when researching firms, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

flcath

Re: Get Vault subscription?

Postby flcath » Mon May 23, 2011 1:56 pm

Dunno about Vault, but does your CSO not provide Chambers Associate?

BeenDidThat

Postby BeenDidThat » Mon May 23, 2011 1:56 pm

desertlaw wrote:Do you guys think it's worth it to get a Vault subscription for the 3 month period or even a year?

Just finished 1L at M/V/P and am doing research for OCI's. Still waiting on spring grades but probably top 20-10% of class.

If any 2L's or 3L's want to comment on if they used Vault and if they felt it was to their advantage when researching firms, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I would be surprised if your OCS didn't have an institutional subscription with which you can view all the employer review content. My school certainly does and it's no better than yours.

flcath

Postby flcath » Mon May 23, 2011 1:58 pm

BeenDidThat wrote:
desertlaw wrote:Do you guys think it's worth it to get a Vault subscription for the 3 month period or even a year?

I would be surprised if your OCS didn't have an institutional subscription with which you can view all the employer review content. My school certainly does and it's no better than yours.

How do you do that? I'm sure you're right that it's a standard, but I also have no idea.

Big Shrimpin

Postby Big Shrimpin » Mon May 23, 2011 2:05 pm

flcath wrote:Dunno about Vault, but does your CSO not provide Chambers Associate?

IIRC, the new CA-version doesn't launch online until July (after some schools' bidding deadlines), but the last version is still pretty helpful.

flcath

Postby flcath » Mon May 23, 2011 2:07 pm

Big Shrimpin wrote:
flcath wrote:Dunno about Vault, but does your CSO not provide Chambers Associate?

IIRC, the new CA-version doesn't launch online until July (after some schools' bidding deadlines), but the last version is still pretty helpful.

Yeah, I've been leafing through the hard-copy they gave us and I think it kinda rocks.

I like how they keep the section on WLRK short to keep me from wasting my time there.

BeenDidThat

Postby BeenDidThat » Mon May 23, 2011 2:16 pm

flcath wrote:
BeenDidThat wrote:

How do you do that? I'm sure you're right that it's a standard, but I also have no idea.

For me, it's linked through my pw-protected OCS site.

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Mon May 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Don't pay money for any recruiting anything. I guarantee your school already uses your tuition to buy you access to everything you could want.

dood

Postby dood » Mon May 23, 2011 10:39 pm

BeenDidThat wrote:
For me, it's linked through my pw-protected OCS site.

the school one is different than the one u pay for. i paid and i found vault gold useful but not as useful as the chambers guide (ask ur OCS office).

RVP11

Postby RVP11 » Tue May 24, 2011 11:38 am

Renzo wrote:Don't pay money for any recruiting anything. I guarantee your school already uses your tuition to buy you access to everything you could want.

This + Vault isn't all that helpful in researching firms. Chambers is better.

Return to “Legal Employment”