Can anyone give me a list of the top firms by prestige?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
liLtuneChi

Can anyone give me a list of the top firms by prestige?

Postby liLtuneChi » Thu May 19, 2011 9:29 pm

Not to sound like a douche but I'm looking for the firms that can give me the best exist options going into OCI. I've heard that the Vault list isn't very accurate for firm prestige because there are firms like Munger and Irell that are more selective than Skadden for example yet they are ranked no where near the top 10. I don't plan on working at biglaw for long. I just want the firm that will look the nicest on the resume so I can get a cushy in house job at a fortune 500 company or a top job in government. Thanks guys.

Knock

Re: Can anyone give me a list of the top firms by prestige?

Postby Knock » Thu May 19, 2011 9:34 pm

liLtuneChi wrote:Not to sound like a douche but I'm looking for the firms that can give me the best exist options going into OCI. I've heard that the Vault list isn't very accurate for firm prestige because there are firms like Munger and Irell that are more selective than Skadden for example yet they are ranked no where near the top 10. I don't plan on working at biglaw for long. I just want the firm that will look the nicest on the resume so I can get a cushy in house job at a fortune 500 company or a top job in government. Thanks guys.

http://www.vault.com/wps/portal/usa/ran ... regionId=0

The 2011 Vault Law 100 is here! This year, more than 15,000 law associates rated law firms on a scale of 1 to 10 based on prestige. (Associates were not allowed to rate their own firms, and were asked only to rate firms with which they were familiar.)

fatduck

Postby fatduck » Thu May 19, 2011 9:46 pm

come on, man

dr123

Postby dr123 » Thu May 19, 2011 9:47 pm

fatduck wrote:come on, man

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Thu May 19, 2011 9:52 pm

lol op

Postby 20160810 » Thu May 19, 2011 9:56 pm

Just google "asbestos litigators." The first ten non-sponsored search results are the most prestigious.

Return to “Legal Employment”