grade drop in last semester of 3L Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

grade drop in last semester of 3L

Post by Anonymous User » Wed May 18, 2011 12:47 pm

went from 3.6 to 3.45 (C- in 4 credit class; honestly didn't see that coming). I already have a job, but honestly it's one of those "stay around and make lots of money for 3 years and then we'll probably fire you" kind of jobs, so realistically I'll probably be reapplying for jobs in the relatively near future. Is this drop going to destroy me?

lsat_fear

New

Re: grade drop in last semester of 3L

Post by lsat_fear » Wed May 18, 2011 3:54 pm

probably won't matter as long as you do well enough at your current job to either (1) not get fired, or (2) get "asked to leave" with the understanding that they'll give you a positive recommendation. 3.45 is still respectable. But seriously, why did you blow off a class so badly to get a C-?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed May 18, 2011 9:43 pm

lsat_fear wrote:But seriously, why did you blow off a class so badly to get a C-?
I actually didn't blow it off; I studied and outlined (albeit somewhat less intensely than usual); but usually when I sort of half-ass a class, I get a B or a B+, not a fucking C-.

Moxie

Silver

Post by Moxie » Wed May 18, 2011 9:48 pm

I've always got the sense from OCS that if you were good enough to get a paying job, you'd be fine even with a lower GPA. 3.60 to 3.45 is a drop, but not that terrible in the grand picture.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”