Do litigation boutiques also do OCI's? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
legaleagle9

New

Do litigation boutiques also do OCI's?

Post by legaleagle9 » Tue May 17, 2011 3:39 am

Although I would love to do litigation in Big Law, I wouldn't mind just simply working in a litigation boutique as well. I was just wondering: Do Lit Boutiques do OCI's as well? If not, what would be the best way to get employment in one?

thanks ladies and gents!

Veyron

Gold

Re: Do litigation boutiques also do OCI's?

Post by Veyron » Tue May 17, 2011 6:16 am

Some do, some don't.

flcath

Silver

Post by flcath » Tue May 17, 2011 7:28 am

You at a T6?

I notice a lot of the super high-end places go to the T6 plus one or two local schools (even literal TTTs) from which I assume they hire 0-1 kids.

imchuckbass58

Silver

Post by imchuckbass58 » Tue May 17, 2011 9:28 am

legaleagle9 wrote:Although I would love to do litigation in Big Law, I wouldn't mind just simply working in a litigation boutique as well. I was just wondering: Do Lit Boutiques do OCI's as well? If not, what would be the best way to get employment in one?

thanks ladies and gents!
Some do, most don't.

Places Susman Godfrey, Altschuler Berzon and Keker & Van Nest do, but these seem to be the exception though. Bartlitt Beck, Kellogg Huber, Robbins Russell, and a bunch of less well known but very respected boutiques only hire experience lawyers. Best way to get the latter category are either out of a clerkship or after a couple of years in big law.

Even for the boutiques that do OCI, they are quite selective. Much more selective than pretty much all big law firms. I'm at a T6 and Susman typically makes 0-2 offers per year.

Veyron

Gold

Post by Veyron » Tue May 17, 2011 1:04 pm

Boies definitely does, but are we considering them a litigation boutique?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 17, 2011 1:10 pm

imchuckbass58 wrote:Bartlitt Beck, Kellogg Huber, Robbins Russell, and a bunch of less well known but very respected boutiques only hire experience lawyers.
Kellogg has a very small summer program, but it does exist.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”