Scholarship information on resume?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
lola_wants

Scholarship information on resume?

Postby lola_wants » Mon May 16, 2011 9:20 pm

If it's not a "named" scholarship, is there a non-douchey way to put a hefty scholarship on a law school resume (with I had this problem, asking on someone else's behalf!) for OCI? Do you just write, "Half-tuition scholarship," or, "Full-tuition scholarship," in the education section? Or is that frowned upon? Does it depend on the type of employment you're looking at (firms vs. clerkships vs. PI)? Thanks!

aliarrow

Re: Scholarship information on resume?

Postby aliarrow » Mon May 16, 2011 9:22 pm

I wouldn't.

MrPapagiorgio

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Mon May 16, 2011 9:24 pm

Sounds to me like you are trying to say "although I go to a TTTT, I got this huge scholarship, which means that I could have went to a respectable school."

But, TCR:
aliarrow wrote:I wouldn't.

EDIT: searched your post history, found out that you're going to NYU. Retract previous statement, but still, don't put it on.
Last edited by MrPapagiorgio on Mon May 16, 2011 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hawkeye22

Postby hawkeye22 » Mon May 16, 2011 9:24 pm

I think its a bit douchey to put "half-tuition" or "full-tuition" but on my resume I simply put "Merit Scholarship" under my school name.

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Mon May 16, 2011 9:24 pm

Nah, I would only list it if it has some name

Aqualibrium

Postby Aqualibrium » Mon May 16, 2011 11:31 pm

I don't think it's douchey at all...that might be because I have it on my resume though. I used to put the different titles of the named scholarships, but once I started running out of room/being involved in more things at school I just put "full tuition academic excellence scholarship."

Haven't had a problem as of yet...

buddyblack

Postby buddyblack » Mon May 16, 2011 11:37 pm

MrPapagiorgio wrote:Sounds to me like you are trying to say "although I go to a TTTT, I got this huge scholarship, which means that I could have went to a respectable school."

But, TCR:

EDIT: searched your post history, found out that you're going to NYU. Retract previous statement, but still, don't put it on.

NYU has a resume format they "suggest" and it covers what to do for scholarships. Check the examples from OCS and do what they do.

Veyron

Postby Veyron » Mon May 16, 2011 11:45 pm

buddyblack wrote:
MrPapagiorgio wrote:Sounds to me like you are trying to say "although I go to a TTTT, I got this huge scholarship, which means that I could have went to a respectable school."

But, TCR:

NYU has a resume format they "suggest" and it covers what to do for scholarships. Check the examples from OCS and do what they do.

Penn also recommends it, even for the dean's.

Return to “Legal Employment”